Medical Staff Services
Medical Staff Services
The Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro Medical Staff website offers practitioners access to current events, policies, bylaws and other resources of interest. We welcome your feedback.
The Medical Staff Services Department provides support services to the Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro Medical Staff and their offices. We are responsible for managing credentialing, re-credentialing, privileging, proctoring, and support for the medical staff's meeting structure including clinical departments and committees. In addition we provide support for assuring regulatory compliance in the diverse health care industry. We are very proud of what we do and we believe that what we do contributes to the quality and safety of patients who trust in us to receive their medical care.
Our leadership team
Meet our leadership team.
Medical staff leaders
- Miles Shaw, M.D., Chief of Staff
- Sameer Mistry, M.D., Vice Chief of Staff
- Bijan Ghatan, M.D., Secretary/Treasurer
- Moshe Faynsod, M.D., Immediate Past Chief of Staff
- Denise Eastburn, Director of Medical Staff Services
CME Program and Opportunities
Morris Taub, M.D., Chairman, Medical Education Committee
Mary Guglielmo, Administrative Support
|Tumor Board and Breast Cancer Conferences
|1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the Month at 12:00 noon
|2nd and 4th Tuesdays of the Month at 12:30 p.m.
|All seminars are held in the DeMucci Conference Center unless otherwise indicated.
Serving Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro Physicians, Staff, Students, Patients and the public.
The Medical Library is Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro’s primary resource for information in clinical medicine, allied health and health administration. The Librarian is available Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The library is accessible 24-hours a day with your ID badge.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro and Medical Staff are committed to excellence in improving organization performance and patient safety. Performance improvement encompasses all aspects of the organization, the manner in which services are provided; the effectiveness of what is performed; enhancement of safety and reduction of risk for patients, employees, physicians, visitors and volunteers.
Medical staff department/Peer review committees responsibility
Medical Staff have responsibility for participating in critical event review, monitoring activities including Peer Review, performance improvement/patient safety and the privileging/ credentialing process.
- Assume leadership in identifying and participating in IOP and patient safety improvement activities.
- Participate in intense analysis of critical events.
- Identify trends in practice.
- Follow practice patterns over time.
- Review processes and outcomes.
- Review and apply evidence-based practice to the improvement of clinical processes/outcomes of care.
- Review, analyze and report physician practice patterns based on Medical Staff Rules & Regulations and Bylaws.
- Review and make recommendations to medical staff leadership and the board on credentialing and privileging requests.