When it’s time to choose your health plan, it’s also time to consider which hospital you’d prefer for medical care. Providence Medical Centers are all contracted with most major insurance carriers so you know you’ll receive high-quality care at in-network health plan member rates. In-network means less out-of-pocket costs to you.
Make a healthy choice and be sure a Providence Medical Center is in-network with your health plan. Not all health plans or medical groups are contracted with all Providence hospitals.
- HEALTH NET DUAL ELIGIBLE
- LA CARE MEDICARE ADVANTAGE
- ANTHEM BLUE CROSS HMO COVERED CALIFORNIA
- BLUE SHIELD COVERED CALIFORNIA SHOP
- BLUE SHIELD HMO COVERED CALIFORNIA
- BLUE SHIELD PPO COVERED CALIFORNIA
- HEALTH NET COVERED CALIFORNIA ALL PRODUCTS
- LA CARE -COVERED CALIFORNIA
This is a partial list of major health plans accepted by PMI physicians. Other health plans are accepted. If your health plan is not on the list please contact your health plan to confirm which providers are participating in their network.
- Aetna Senior HMO Plan
- Anthem (BC) Senior Plan HMO
- Blue Shield 65 Plus Senior Plan HMO
- Health Net Seniority Plus HMO
- L. A. Care Medicare Advantage
- Molina Medicare Advantage (HMO)
- Secure Horizons Senior/UnitedHealthcare HMO
- Scan Senior Health Plan HMO
- Affiliates in Medical Specialties
- Axminster Medical Group
- Axminster Little Company of Mary IPA
- Axminster Providence Care Network
- Cal Care IPA – for Medi-Cal members accessing ob-gyn and pediatric services only.
- Health Care Partners Medical Group (HCP)
- Providence Care Network
- Providence Medical Group
- AMERICAS HEALTH PLAN
- ANTHEM BLUE CROSS MEDI-CAL, HEALTHY FAM, & AIM
- CARE 1st. MEDI-CAL
- GOLD COAST
- HEALTH NET MEDI-CAL
- LA CARE MEDI-CAL
- MOLINA MEDI-CAL & HEALTHY FAM.
- ANTHEM BLUE CROSS MEDICARE ADVANTAGE HMO
- BLUE SHIELD 65+
- BRAND NEW DAY
- CENTRAL HEALTHPLAN OF CA -HMO & SENIOR
- EASY CHOICE HEALTHPLAN
- HEALTH NET MEDICARE ADVANTAGE
- HUMANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE
- SCAN HEALTHPLAN -SENIOR
- SECURE HORIZONS (UHC)
The providers at Providence Medical Institute and affiliated medical groups at Axminster and Affiliates in Medical Specialties accept Medicare, Medicare supplement plans, and several Medicare PPO and HMO plans, often referred to as Medicare Advantage plans. For the most complete information about participating providers, please contact your health plan.
Have you had your annual Senior Wellness Evaluation? Medicare provides an annual wellness evaluation as a benefit to their beneficiaries. Please let the appointment representative know if you are scheduling an appointment for a wellness exam.
Axminster Medical Group, a member of Providence Medical Institute, offers a Senior Wellness Program for enrolled health plan members.
Important Information for people turning 65
Preparing to enter the Medicare health plan system can be confusing, and for many people one of the first questions they have is whether the health plan they choose allows them to keep their doctor. Providence Medical Institute offers education about Medicare health plan options.
- You can go online and watch an educational video
- You can attend one of our monthly educational seminars
If you are an employer who wants to offer your employees education about Medicare health plan options, we can come on-site and provide a “lunch-and-learn” Medicare educational seminar. Providence Medical Institute hosts the education in conjunction with a licensed independent insurance broker who will provide explanations about all options available to those who will become eligible for Medicare.