Patients and Visitors
St. Joseph Hospital is honored to step forward and serve the medical needs of Orange County, CA residents. We strongly believe in the power of information and we hope that our website can serve as an invaluable tool to helping you remain as informed as possible regarding your upcoming stay or visit. No matter what you would like to learn, we hope to provide you with all of the information that you need to make sure that your visit is a pleasant one.
Are You Covered?
For your convenience, the following services are located on our campus.
An ATM is located in the St. Joseph Hospital Cafeteria located in the basement. An ATM is also located in the St. Joseph Hospital Outpatient Pavilion.
Campus Map and Directory
Family and Guest Meal Service
Meals for your family and guests are available either in the Cafeteria (located in the basement of the hospital), or at the Plaza Café, located on the first floor of the St. Joseph Hospital Outpatient Pavilion.
- Cafeteria: 6:30 a.m. - 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. - 3 a.m.
- Plaza Café: Mon - Fri: 7 a.m. - 4 p.m. Guests may order food from the Room Service Dining On Request menu for a fee; $5 per breakfast, $7 per lunch and $9 per dinner. Cash will be collected at the time of service.
- Starbucks: Mon - Fri: 5:30 a.m. - 6 p.m., Sat - Sun: 6:30 a.m. - 4 p.m.
The St. Joseph Hospital Wishing Well Gift Shop is located in the main lobby.
Contact the Medical Records department to request copies.
Muth Healing Garden
Located on the 2nd floor of Building 2, the garden is a quiet place for respite available to all visitors 7 a.m. - 10 p.m. Enjoy the outdoor air, trees, flowers and gentle waterfall. Smoking, eating or cell phone usage are not permitted in the garden.
Newspapers are available in the Wishing Well Gift Shop, located in the hospital’s main lobby. You may also have a newspaper brought to your room by calling the Service Representative, 714-633-9111 ext. 11000.
The St. Joseph Hospital Outpatient Pavilion Pharmacy is located on the first floor of the Outpatient Pavilion and is open Mon - Fri, 8 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
St. Joseph Hospital is a NICHE Hospital (Nurses Improving Care for the Health System Elders). Our goal is to provide sensitive and exemplary care to our patients aged 65+. We provide educational opportunities, resources and protocols to the nursing staff to address the specific needs of this age group.
Your safety and security are a priority. The St. Joseph Hospital Security Services Department provides services 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Our officers ensure your security by having a presence on and around our campus.Services provided include escort to and from the parking garage and a lost and found. To contact Security Services, call 714-771-8000, ext. 18050. All staff, visitors, physicians, vendors and volunteers must be properly identified. Visitors are issued badges during their visit.
As a values-based organization, we strongly believe that healthy living stretches beyond the physical. For this reason, our Spiritual Care Department is composed of an interfaith team with board-certified chaplains who are there to provide for the spiritual, religious, emotional and ethical needs of our patients.
St. Joseph Hospital Foundation
Visit the St. Joseph Foundation website or call 714-771-8211 to learn how you can make a difference in the lives of others.
As a leading health care provider in our community, St. Joseph Hospital is dedicated to creating a healing environment for our patients and visitors. A tobacco-free campus environment supports this mission and enables us to provide the highest quality, safest health care possible. Therefore, all patients and visitors are not permitted to smoke anywhere in the hospital or on hospital property.
TDD for Hearing Impaired
St. Joseph Hospital provides services for hearing-impaired patients. The hospital TDD number is 714-744-8624.
Vending machines are located in the hospital basement (adjacent to the Cafeteria) and in the waiting room in the Emergency Department. There are also vending machines in the family waiting areas on the 3rd and 4th floor of Building 2.
You can access wifi for free on campus by choosing the "guest" network.
At St. Joseph Hospital, we strive to provide the best care and safest environment possible. In continuing our ongoing efforts of improvement and eliminating system problems that affect delivery of care, we are offering a new program called Condition H.
- Condition H is a program that allows patients and families to call a Medical Emergency Team when they feel they are in an emergent situation and/or their needs are not being recognized or met
- H stands for HELP
- Condition H is a patient safety initiative
- To be proactive, increase patient safety and satisfaction and solidify the relationship between our patients, families and the health care team
- To provide patients and families access to care and the ability to communicate their needs and concerns
- If a noticeable medical change occurs in the patient and the health care team is not recognizing the concern
- If there is a breakdown in communication or confusion in the plan of care with the health care team
- If you feel your concerns are not being heard and/or your needs are not recognized or met.
- Identify the problem and communicate with your primary care nurse
- If a problem persists, contact the charge nurse and try to contact the physician
- If a problem is still not adequately addressed and you have serious concerns about how your care is being given, managed or planned, consider activating Condition H
- Dial “66” on any hospital telephone and put on the call light
- Identify the call as Condition H; provide your name, location and reason for the response request.
- A Medical Emergency Team will respond to assess and treat as necessary
We hope to empower patients and families to access care, decrease anxiety levels and improve patient safety. The program aims to address immediate needs and increase communication between patients, families and the health care team.
If you have questions, please discuss them with your health care team.