At Providence St. Mary Medical Center, our surgical services are designed to meet the dynamic and complex needs of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Our specialty board certified surgeons and anesthesiologists serve each patient holistically, in mind, body and spirit.
We understand that undergoing surgery can be physically, emotionally and spiritually demanding, so we staff and equip our department with the necessary specialized equipment to meet the important needs of each and every surgical patient.
Our commitment to care is evident in our management of each patient’s surgical procedure. Our department includes five service areas designed to provide efficient and comprehensive treatment. These areas are:
- Pre-admission testing (PAT)
- Outpatient surgery
- 12-bed post-anesthesia care unit (recovery room)
- Endoscopy and central sterile supply center
With six fully equipped operating rooms, we provide the all-encompassing care you need for your conditions.
Our expert surgeons utilize state-of-the-art robotic technology for many minimally invasive surgeries, allowing them to operate through the smallest incisions. The increased accuracy and precision results in fewer complications, reduced pain and scarring, faster recovery and more. For more information on robotic surgery, read our frequently asked questions.
Each month, our team performs nearly 500 procedures, including:
- Dental surgery
- Ear, nose and throat (ENT) surgery
- Cardiac surgery
- General surgery
- Gynecological surgery
- Joint surgery
- Ophthalmology surgery
- Orthopedic surgery
- Plastic and cosmetic surgery
- Urological surgery
- Vascular surgery
Total Joint Replacement Surgery Pre-Operative Education
Providence is dedicated to providing joint replacements with the best possible outcomes and the fastest return to a productive life. In keeping with this goal, we offer a preoperative training class where you’ll learn what the surgery involves, how to prepare for surgery and what to expect after surgery.
Whether you’re thinking about a joint replacement procedure or you’re scheduled for surgery, we encourage you to attend our class.
- Nationally recognized by U.S. News & World Report, Providence St. Mary Medical Center was named a 2023-24 Best Regional Hospital, ranking among the top four hospitals in the Inland Empire and top 69 in California.
- Our hospital has gained acclaim in the areas of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), diabetes, heart attack, heart failure, kidney failure, maternity care, pneumonia, prostate surgery and stroke.
Find a Doctor
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.