St. Joseph Hospital views every interaction with patients as an opportunity to serve in the tradition of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Orange. Here's a sampling of patient satisfaction survey comments:
- "All of the nurses were fabulous!"
- "I was recently in St. Joseph's Hospital. Due to a health concern, I attended the Pavilion very often and had lots of tests. I found the service at the Pavilion to be absolutely excellent. The staff at the Maternal Fetal Testing were all fantastic. Although a stressful time for me, I looked forward to my appointments there as every member of staff were so competent, caring, reassuring and I felt they went above and beyond to give me the best service possible."
- "I really like how they treated me from the time I went in to the time that I came out. The nurse and staff who treated me were nice."
- "All of the nurses I had were great! I had an exceptional stay! Thank you for making a nervous, exciting and tense situation great! "
- "All of the staff was so friendly and nice!"
- "The doctors and surgical staff (including nurses) were all excellent."
- "Pain management was great."
- "I had a great experience, delivering my baby at St. Joseph Hospital. Everyone from the doctor, chaplain, anesthesiologist and nurses went that extra mile to make sure I was well taken care of. I felt very comfortable and was happy to have my maternal care at St. Joseph. I will recommend this hospital to family and friends."
- "I had my baby with no pain medications or epidural and I remember there was a picture of a baby on the table behind my bed with each contraction I would look at the picture and it would keep me focused on what I was working for, it helped me a lot. All the nursing staff were wonderful and really stuck to my birth plan and even reassured me that I could do it without an epidural when I was feeling like giving in. I appreciate that so much. I will never go to another hospital or another doctor and will always recommend you."
- "The nursing staff (delivery and recovery and thereafter) were very skilled and attentive. They all showed great attitudes and were very professional. They explained things well and made sure prior to my discharge that I was walking (which was hard due to c-section) and that my knowledge of taking care and nursing my infant was sufficient. All doctors and staff show grate skill and compassion!"
- "Our labor and delivery nurse was amazing!"
- "I felt safe when I was in the hospital. I've had three kids at this hospital, this time they had the ankle tags which was a safe way to monitor the babies. I like that added safety benefit."
- "Giving birth to my daughter in St. Joseph hospital was a very good memory for me. I'm sure I couldn't do it this easy without the nurses' help. I am really thankful to all nurses in labor and delivery."
- "I feel I had the best care during my hospital stay. I am not much of a letter writer but I do continue to tell my friends and family of the wonderful labor and deliver nurse, my mom-baby nurses, and all those that helped me @ St. Joes. (Doctors, registration clerks, lab techs and food services.)