Health care organizations that become Magnet® empower their nurses to reach their true potential, with a detailed roadmap to advance nursing excellence.
Earning Magnet status demonstrates to the community that St. Joseph Hospital recognizes the invaluable potential of nurses to lead change and provide excellence in patient care.
Benefits of Magnet designation are many:
- An important measure of nurses' worth in promoting quality patient outcomes
- Increased time spent at the bedside of patients
- Shorter lengths of stays
- Increased nurse retention and recruitment rates
- Lower rates of nurse burnout
- Higher rates of job satisfaction
- Higher patient satisfaction rates
- Recognition and reward for clinical competence (Clinical Ladder)
- Enhanced welfare and workplace safety for nurses
- Work alongside clinically competent staff
- Support of and opportunity for nursing education, advanced career development and specialty certification
- Sense of pride in our workplace