Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center
When your child is in need of hospitalization, Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center provides unmatched care that is compassionate, family-friendly and child-centered. Our pediatric units are specially designed with age-appropriate medical equipment and staffed with caring nurses and medical personnel trained to meet the specialized needs of developing children and adolescents.
Our pediatric team strives to treat our young patients in a holistic manner, both medically and psychologically. We believe in working as a team to keep you informed and involved in your child's care, helping you play an active role in your child’s healing and well-being.
In order to comfort our young patients and help them see the foreign hospital environment as something familiar and less intimidating, we involve parents in every activity, from feeding and diaper changes, to playtime and cuddling.
Renowned pediatric care
In our pediatric units, we’ve partnered with Cedars-Sinai. We can ensure that the round-the-clock care provided for our youngest patients is grounded in leading-edge industry practices and award-winning expertise.
In partnership with Cedars-Sinai, seriously ill children who require intensive care may be placed in our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU), where our staff is committed to providing the very best care for children. The PICU provides constant monitoring and care for our young patients, along with certified pediatric critical care nurses who have received additional training and certification in caring for seriously ill or injured children.
Certified as an Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) and a Pediatric Medical Center (PMC) by the Los Angeles County Department of Health Services Emergency Medical Services Agency, Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center has the essential resources in place to meet the emergency needs of seriously ill and injured children.
Our emergency department has met the rigorous pediatric emergency care standards required for certification, including:
- Board-certified emergency department physicians
- Nurses and technicians specially trained in pediatric emergency care
- Staffing provision for pediatric consultation to support pediatric emergency care services
- Availability of essential pediatric equipment, supplies and medications
- Implementation of protocols for the treatment of the abused child, critically injured children and those children requiring transfer to a specialized care center
- Incorporation of pediatrics into quality improvement and educational activities
Along with our CCS-certified pediatric unit, Providence Cedars-Sinai Tarzana Medical Center features:
- Child life specialists
- Seven-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- 21-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit with California Children's Services surgery certification
- Inpatient and outpatient pediatric surgeries
- Neonatal clinic (high risk infant follow-up clinic)
- Pediatric diabetic education/support services
- Outpatient imaging (includes pediatric sedation)
From routine check-ups to critical care, we offer a wide range of specialized healthcare services for children, including:
- Allergy treatment
- Cardiovascular services
- Pediatric endocrinology
- Ear, nose and throat services
- Pediatric gastroenterology
- Treatment for infectious diseases
- Pediatric pulmonology
- Pediatric urology
- Los Angeles County Emergency Medical Services Agency - Designated Pediatric Medical Center
- Los Angeles Department of Public Health - Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics EDAP
In his young life, he has already undergone six surgeries to repair kidney and bladder damage – the most recent last week at Providence Tarzana Medical Center, whose pediatrics department is quickly becoming ground zero for child care in the Valley.
"Some of the surgeries Frederick has had could have more easily been done at Children's Hospital Los Angeles, but we wanted them done here, so they brought in special equipment to do them," says his mother, Michelle Fozounmayeh.
"Providence Tarzana has literally saved his life," she said.