Grief Support Services
- Grief Support for Kids & Teens
- COVID Resources for Adults
- COVID Resources for Children & Teens
Short-term grief support is available for children and teens who have experienced the death of a loved one. To discuss the unique needs of your family and to learn more about the services available at Providence Hospice, please contact our office. Educational materials for family and schools are also available.
Standing Together typically brings grieving youth together in a safe, supportive, and fun environment. We are not currently able to gather in-person at this time due to the pandemic and social restrictions. We hope to resume groups in virtual or in-person format in 2022. If you would like more information on current grief support for children and teens, and to be notified of groups when they resume, please call 425-261-4807.
Camp Erin provides a caring environment, filled with activities to assist children and teens coping with loss. It is a free weekend camp for youth grades K-12 who have experienced a loss. Camp Erin offers a special combination of fun recreational activities and supportive discussions to help campers build their trust, self-esteem and coping skills. Age-appropriate groups of children and teens provide an opportunity to meet with peers who have had similar feelings and experiences. Planned activities allow for sharing of feelings and concerns, friendship building, and fun.
All of the following activities are led and sponsored by pediatric specialists and trained volunteers: Art therapy, storytelling, recreational activities, swimming, music, healing rituals, nature walks, grief workshops
The Snohomish 2022 Camp Erin application is now live! Camp Erin will be a single day, day camp held on August 27 in Stanwood, WA. Applications are due by August 5. We will contact applicants within one week of application submittal to discuss next steps.
With the support of an endowment, donations from our community, employees, grants and individual donors, Camp Erin-Snohomish County can be offered at no cost to grieving children and their families. We accept both individual donations and grants in support of Camp Erin.
- Virtual Family Assistance Center - Red Cross offers a Virtual Family Assistance Center, for those who have experienced loss due to Covid-19
- Washington Listens - Washington Listens is a new program that offers nonclinical support to people experiencing elevated stress due to Covid-19
- Living with worry and anxiety - Psychology Tools’ publication (PDF)
- Covid-19 resources for Mental Health and Healthcare professionals
- Unlocking Us - Brené Brown’s new podcast series:
- Vulnerability and courage - Brené Brown’s interview on 60 minutes responding to Covid-19
- On Being - A great resource for inspiration (podcast, poetry, deep thinking, etc.)
- Let's Reimagine - A worldwide virtual festival on embracing life, facing death, and loving fully in the face of Covid-19
- Anxiety Workbook - The Wellness Society's offering of a Free Coronavirus Anxiety Workbook
- Grief: Releasing Pain, Remembering Love & Finding Meaning - David Kessler's group on Facebook
- Listening Line - A place for folks to call and talk where they will be met with a non-medical, trained human who will hold space and witness the words of the caller
- Growing through Grief (Registration Required) - A six-week support group for adults coping with the death of a loved one. Groups are offered virtually and on a quarterly basis at this time. For more information and to register, please contact the location closest to you:
- Toolbox for Families - Washington State Department of Health offers a Behavioral Health Toolbox for supporting Children and Teens during the COVID-19 Pandemic
- NASP (National Association of School Psychologists) suggestions for talking to children about COVID-19
- The Dougy Center’s suggestion for supporting children and teens when a family member is dying during COVID-19
- PHOS Safe Crossings Program “Supporting Your Grieving Child through the COVID-19 Pandemic”
- PHOS Safe Crossings Program “Move and Express to De-Stress” Activity
- PHOS Safe Crossings Program “Tribute Tulip Garden” Activity
- PHOS Safe Crossings Program “What’s In My Control” Activity
- PHOS Safe Crossings Program “Connecting Can Be Sweet” Activity