Donate and Volunteer
Providence Marianwood enjoys generous support from our community. Whether you are donating your money, your time, your skills and talents, or contributing in other ways, we deeply appreciate your partnership. We could not do what we do without your help and support.
Providence Marianwood Foundation
Your support and generous gifts are making a big difference in the lives of our residents who’ve outlived their financial resources and have no way to pay for the cost of their care. In their 80s, 90s and 100s, these are among the most vulnerable people in our community. Our first priority has always been and always will be making sure that they are safe and well cared for regardless of their ability to pay.
In addition to providing critical funds to care for our residents, your donations help support a wide range of recreational and therapeutic activities that enhance quality of life. Gifts also support spiritual care as well as educational opportunities for our nurses and caregivers.
Volunteering at Marianwood
We are so grateful for the wonderful support of the many volunteers who give so generously of their time, talent and treasure to benefit the residents of Marianwood. Volunteers are treasured members of the Marianwood family and are integral to providing a rich and meaningful community for our patients and residents.
Volunteers help with a wide range of needs. They spend one-on-one time with residents, help residents and patients during meal times, assist during activities and perform clerical work in different departments.
Marianwood relies on volunteers to help provide assistance with services, programs and activities for our patients and residents, and to add to the sense of community and quality of life. Volunteers are highly valued and respected. In 2017, more than 300 volunteers donated 4,220 hours valued at $202,403.96.
We routinely seek volunteers in the following areas:
- Group assistant - Assisting residents during activity groups such as arts and crafts, Bingo, cooking, exercise groups and entertainment.
- Dining room host/hostess - Helping residents to the dining room and serving beverages prior to the meal service.
- Clerical - Clerical work as needed by different departments. Computer skills a plus!
- Pastoral care - Spiritual supportive visits and groups.
- Providence Marianwood Auxiliary Gift Nook - Help with the Gift Nook and other sales and activities held throughout the year to raise money to support Providence Marianwood residents and programs.
Don't be limited by this list. Let us know if you have a special talent or idea that you'd like to share!
We request a minimum commitment of one time per week for six months. Groups (work, church, social club) are welcome.