Children's Emergency Care
When your child is sick or hurt, you want to get them the best care fast. At Providence, our team of pediatric emergency care doctors provide advanced treatments as quickly as we can. We built our children’s ER to treat newborns, children and teens.
Sometimes, it’s obvious when you need to go to the emergency room. Other times, it’s unclear if the ER or an urgent care clinic is the right place to get care for your child. If you are unsure, call your child’s primary care provider first; they can help you make the best decision.
Certain symptoms or injuries that pose a serious threat to your child’s health should be seen in the children’s ER right away. They include:
- Broken bones with deformity or severe pain
- Confusion or unusual behavior
- Difficulty speaking or breathing
- Eating, drinking or exposure to poison
- Fevers associated with excessive sleepiness, difficulty breathing or a rash
- Loss of consciousness
- Vomiting and diarrhea with concern for dehydration
If your child needs hospital care, we have on-site rooms just for children admitted to the hospital. These rooms also have space for you to stay with your child.
At Providence, we offer everything from routine primary care to emergency and hospital care, including:
We continue to care for you and your child after your leave the ER. You can expect us to:
- Call to check-in to make sure your child is doing better
- Communicate with your child’s primary care provider and any specialists to coordinate their care
Use MyChart to access your child’s health care information and monitor their care. MyChart allows you to:
- Email your child’s primary care provider
- Make appointments
- Pay bills
- Request prescription refills
- View lab results
Doctors Specializing in Children's Emergency Care
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.