Treating Atrial Fibrillation
When you’re a patient at Providence, we help you feel better today and reduce your risk of more serious disease tomorrow. We work with you to create a personalized plan to monitor and treat your atrial fibrillation. This plan includes everything from diagnosis and treatment to the post-care support you need to feel your best. The result is compassionate, whole-person care for your body, mind and spirit.
Why Choose Us for Atrial Fibrillation Care?
At Providence, we see the life in you. We are committed to making a positive difference in every life we touch.
More About Atrial Fibrillation
Atrial fibrillation is a type of arrhythmia, or irregular heartbeat. It is often abnormally fast and can lead to blood clots in the heart. For some people, this can lead to stroke, heart failure or other cardiac conditions.
Testing and Diagnostics
Your heart care team uses many different methods to find out which therapies work best for you. They look at your symptoms, other medical conditions and overall health. They also use the most advanced diagnostics to evaluate your condition. Depending on your case, this may include one or more of the following:
- Blood test
- Chest X-ray
- CT imaging
- Electrocardiogram (ECG/EKG)
- Electrophysiology study
- Event recorder
- Exercise stress test/treadmill stress test
- Implantable loop recorder
- MRI (cardiac)
- Nuclear stress test/myocardial perfusion imaging
- Pharmacological stress test
- PET scan
- Remote monitoring/Holter monitoring
- Transesophageal echocardiogram (TEE)
Personalized Treatment for Atrial Fibrillation
We know that no two patients are the same. This is why your care team works with you to design an individualized treatment plan based specifically on your heart condition and your personal needs. Every treatment plan includes lifestyle changes to support your recovery and long-term heart health.
Your care plan may include one or more of the following therapies:
- Catheter ablation, including cryoablation, pulmonary vein isolation and radiofrequency catheter ablation
- Coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG)
- Implantable cardio defibrillator (ICD)
- Left atrial appendage ligation
- Left atrial appendage occlusion (LAAO) treatment (includes WATCHMAN device)
- Maze procedure
- Prescription medications
Find Heart Care Close to You
Meet the Team
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.