Comprehensive medical coverage
All medically necessary care and services are covered in full for PACE enrollees. This means doctor visits, lab tests and diagnostics, all necessary prescription and over-the-counter medications, medical supplies and equipment, and more. There are no co-pays or deductibles. PACE covers all the care and services offered by Medicare and Medicaid, plus any additional medically necessary care you and your ElderPlace team may decide you need.
An interdisciplinary team of professionals, with special knowledge in caring for seniors, provides all of the coordinated care you or your loved one needs. They will work together with you and your family (if appropriate) to develop your most effective care plan.
Services may be provided at home or at one of our health and social centers
Services include (but are not limited to):
- Primary medical care by physicians and nurse practitioners with expertise in geriatric and/or hospice and palliative care
- Specialty medical care such as cardiology, orthopedics and pulmonology
- Dental, hearing, vision and foot care
- Mental health services
- Care management and Social Work services
- Physical, occupational and speech rehabilitation therapy
- Home health services
- Recreational and therapeutic activities
- Prescription and over the counter medications
- Medical equipment and supplies
- Inpatient hospital care and outpatient surgery
- Laboratory tests and procedures
- Emergency services
- Adult day services, social activities and lunch
- In-home care and services
- And much more
Homebound participants or those who cannot attend the health and social centers are seen by their primary care team at home. Doctors, nurses, therapists, social works and more will make house calls per the participants care plan or as needed.
Webpage is current as of 11/7/2019