Volunteer: Build a Strong Community
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. Individuals, families or groups who want to make a difference in the lives of older adults in the community and who enjoy meeting, interacting with and assisting our participants and staff are welcomed as volunteers.
As a Providence ElderPlace volunteer, you help participants maintain their health and independence in their community. Providence ElderPlace participants live throughout King County.
Our volunteers serve in a variety of areas such as:
- In-home volunteers; including friendly and spiritual visitors
- Pet therapy volunteer visits
- Adult day health site volunteers; help with arts and crafts, music, holiday programs and other activities as needed
- Marketing material and mailing volunteer
- Volunteers are matched according to qualifications, interests and availability.
Current volunteer opportunities
During this global pandemic, volunteers are needed more than ever to reduce the isolation felt by our seniors. Currently, volunteers serve in a variety of areas such as:
- Volunteer phone or video friends: Regular calls to our participants will brighten their day and make a difference toward feeling more connected to their community.
- Volunteer pen pals: Send cards and art work to participants.
- Hear Me Now volunteer facilitators: Empower elders by recording their audio stories.
- Volunteer builders: We are opening a new Adult Day Health site in Kent that needs raised garden beds for participants who need to sit to garden.
- Volunteers are matched according to qualifications, interests and availability. All volunteers receive a general orientation and training. Some positions require additional training. A six month time commitment is requested.
Please fill out our volunteer application to get started:
Webpage is current as of 11/7/2019