Volunteer: Build a Strong Community
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. Individuals, families or groups who want to make a difference in the lives of older adults in the community and who enjoy meeting, interacting with and assisting our participants and staff are welcomed as volunteers.
As a Providence ElderPlace PACE volunteer, you will support participants to maintain their health and independence in their community. Providence ElderPlace PACE participants live throughout King, Snohomish and Spokane counties.
We are currently in need of dedicated Volunteers who will bring compassion and comfort to our participants at the end of life. We will be starting training very soon!
Currently, our volunteers serve in a variety of areas such as:
- In-home volunteers; including friendly and spiritual visitors
- Phone and Video Friend Volunteers
- Birthday Bunch-Send birthday cards to participants in your area
- Pet therapy volunteers-Must be certified by Pet Partners or similar organization
- Adult Day Health Center volunteers; help with arts and crafts, music, holiday programs and other activities as needed
- Marketing material and mailing volunteers
- Hear Me Now Volunteer Facilitators: Empower elders by recording their audio stories
Volunteers are matched according to qualifications, interests and availability. All volunteers receive a general orientation and training, as well as a free background check and medical screening for contagious diseases which includes COVID 19 vaccines.
Some positions provide additional training. A six month time commitment is requested.
If you have a hobby or passion that you would like to share with our senior participants, we can create a Volunteer Opportunity for you-we are flexible and tailor opportunities to fit our individual participants and volunteers.
If you have more questions about volunteering at Providence ElderPlace, please contact Volunteer Services, at 206-320-5325.
Please fill out our volunteer application to get started:
Webpage is current as of 11/7/2019