Cancer Social Workers
A cancer diagnosis can often elicit a host of emotions ranging from disbelief and confusion to shock and denial. That’s where cancer social workers come in. Also known as oncology social workers, cancer social workers provide emotional and practical support to our cancer patients and their families.
- Communication facilitated with the medical team
- Emotional care offered to you and your family
- Help with needs including housing, transportation, prescription assistance, disability claims and more
- Recommendations for the appropriate resource regarding anything else you need
- Contact your local hospital to learn more about specific services available in your area.