Mobile Apps Available
Several of these apps (CK, Stat!Ref) require re-authetication at periodic intervals (usually 1 year) to protect the subscription from unauthorized use. Usually this is done by logging in while on the Providence network. If you have any trouble the Library will be happy to help. Discover an app you love? Let us know about it!
UpToDate: to maintain access to the app, please log into your individual account on a PSJH computer once every 90 days.
Access the UpToDate app:
- Register for a free UpToDate account from a Providence/Swedish computer. For more information, download the Registration Guide.
- Download the app and log in with your username and password. More instructions on how to access UpToDate.
For additional UpToDate training videos visit UpToDate User Academy.
Clinical Key is a point-of-care tool offering 100+ full-text reference books, 600+ full-text journals, videos, images, and more. Instructions for accessing and downloading.
The Sanford Guide
The Sanford Guide provides concise, evidence-based recommendations in the treatment of infectious diseases. Download instructions to register and activate the Sanford Guide Collection apps. To create your Sanford Guide Collection account, you will need to use your PHS/Swedish e-mail address or access the site from a computer on the Providence network. Once you have created your account, you may download the Sanford Guide Collection app on iOS, Android, and Windows 10 devices.
Natural Medicines provides scientific clinical information on complementary, alternative, and integrative therapies. Natural Medicines Comprehensive app instructions.
Stat!Ref is a collection of ebooks and resources for healthcare professionals. Find instructions for registering and downloading app here.
Canopy Medical Translator
Canopy Medical Translator, funded by the NIH, Canopy Speak features a library of 4,000+ pre-translated medical phrases and questions (audio and text), organized by frequently encountered procedures and medical specialties.
Instructions:This app is currently free. Download app from the AppStore or Google Play to access.
Detailed installation instructions
Detailed installation instructions
iMedicalApps has a group of physician editors who "lead a team of physicians, allied health professionals, medical trainees, and mHealth analysts in providing reviews, research and commentary of mobile medical technology. This website is considered a Trusted Web 2.0 Website by the Cochrane group. You can browse by device type or specialty.
Read by QxMD
Read by QxMD provides quick access to journal articles on your computer, phone, or other device. To use it, visit read.qxmd.com, or search for Read by QxMD in the App Store. Need to troubleshoot login access? Click here.
- ePSS app helps primary care clinicians identify clinical preventive services that are appropriate for their patients.
- CDC has over a dozen apps for caregivers including including VitalSigns, Emerging Infectious Diseases and MMWR
- The National Library Medicine provides mobiles apps of their databases including Pubmed, LactMed and Toxnet.
- MedlinePlus is a consumer resources that offers information about diseases, conditions, and wellness issues in easy to understand terms.
- Skyscape is a clinical decision-support tool for providers. It includes free clinical information, drug information and medical calculators.
- Medscape provides medical information and educational tools.