Providence Kodiak Island Counseling Center is a comprehensive behavioral health center. Our team of licensed mental health and substance use disorder professionals care for patients of all ages. We are equipped to treat a variety of behavioral health conditions with special programs that provide focused care.
Our goal is to improve our community’s well-being by making it easier for you to get the care you need with no stigma.
Our compassionate team has experience treating many behavioral health conditions, including:
- Bipolar disorder
- Substance use disorder and addiction
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Eating disorders
- Personality disorders
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder
- Conduct disorder
- Oppositional defiant disorder
Our treatments and services encompass several programs, including outpatient counseling, outpatient substance abuse treatment, and a variety of family, youth and community support programs. Your care team at the counseling center will work with you to find the program and treatment that best fits your needs.
Our outpatient clinic provides counseling for all ages, including family counseling and relationship counseling. The clinic also offers psychiatric care and medication management and psychiatric emergency services.
Safe Harbor is an outpatient clinic for substance use disorder and addiction. In addition to our adult treatment programs, we also have a specialized substance use disorder treatment program for young people.
Your care plan at Safe Harbor is based on your individual condition, and we provide several supplementary services to support your success, including:
- Anger management
- Continued care after you complete your primary treatment
- The Alcohol and Drug Information School
- The Prime For Life® program for young people
Family and youth programs at the counseling center include:
- In-home family counseling and parenting services
- Therapy for young people with serious emotional disturbances (SEDs)
- The Mental Health Clinicians in the School Program, which provides psychoeducational group therapy and teaches social skills
The counseling center also provides additional support to the Kodiak Island community through our:
- Alcohol Safety Action Program for court-ordered alcohol addiction treatment
- Case management service for chronic mental illness
- Skill development program
- Medication monitoring program
Your care team at the counseling center includes counselors and social workers. All of our counselors and social workers are licensed with many years of experience working in a clinical setting.
Depending on your condition, you may also receive care from our board-certified psychiatrist.