Most people, at some point in their life, will need the support of a therapy clinician. At Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center, our team is committed to providing the full range of physical, occupational and speech therapy services. Through their comprehensive treatment approach, they’ll help you get back to doing what you enjoy.
Our physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech-language pathologists work in conjunction with doctors to treat a wide variety of conditions that affect mobility and cognitive function. Some of the conditions we care for include:
- Arthritis Brain and spinal cord injuries
- Carpal tunnel
- Cerebral palsy
- Chronic pain
- Developmental delays
- Muscular dystrophy
- Parkinson’s disease
- Pelvic floor disorders
- Sports injuries
- Temporomandibular joint disorder
- Trigger finger
Our therapy services include both inpatient and outpatient care for patients of all ages. Our techniques promote an active path to recovery. We offer:
- Cognitive rehabilitation for stroke, brain injury and other neurological conditions
- Functional mobility training for conditions and injuries that affect your ability to do everyday activities
- Hand therapy
- Lymphedema therapy
- Orthopedic and sports medicine physical therapy
- Pediatric physical therapy
- Pelvic floor physical therapy
- Post-surgical physical therapy
- Postural assessments and body mechanic training
- Swallowing assessments
- Wheelchair assessments
- Wound care
Our therapy care team at Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center is made up of licensed physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech therapists.
- Physical therapists help patients to reduce their pain, regain mobility and manage long-term physical health conditions.
- Occupational therapists help patients restore their functional abilities so they can complete daily tasks and maintain independence.
- Speech therapists treat swallowing, language and communication disorders.
Your therapy care team is personalized to your specific needs and condition.