If you or a loved one are sent to a distant city for critical medical care, it can be very difficult to be away from your family, your friends and your home environment. Here at Providence Seward Medical & Care Center, we participate in a program that allows us to provide the nursing care some people need when they are discharged from a hospital. It’s called the Swing Bed Program, and we can use it to care for you right here in Seward.
If you need to stay in a hospital for more than a few days or need to stay in a nursing home for rehabilitation or nursing services, consider coming home to Seward. We can provide those services through the Providence Seward Medical & Care Center’s Swing Bed Program.
Our physicians and nurses understand the importance of recovering in your community. They are committed to helping patients from rural areas and to ensure that their recovery goes smoothly.
Our Swing Bed Program offers:
- A team of board-certified family practice physicians
- Skilled nursing services
- A team of expert rehabilitation therapists who provide services five days per week for each discipline, with additional days-per-week on a case-by-case basis.
- Social services to help with your overall wellbeing
- Spiritual care
Our physicians have the skills and experience to treat medical conditions that could otherwise delay your recovery. They help with issues such as:
- Circulatory system problems
- Dehydration and malnutrition
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Medication management
- Recovery from heart attack or other heart issues
- Recovery from surgery
- Rehabilitation therapies for strengthening and conditioning