Covenant's mission is providing healing for our patients' minds, bodies and spirits. For those in need of a sympathetic ear, compassionate understanding or spiritual guidance, Covenant's Department of Spiritual Care offers 24-hour support. Patients and their families, no matter what their religious affiliation, are invited to contact a chaplain 24 hours a day for help coping with anxiety, depression, loneliness or uncertainty.
Chaplains are also available for consultation on Advanced Directives and end-of-life decisions.
Our services and programs include:
- Channel 2: The Healing Channel. This special broadcast is available in patient rooms and waiting rooms. It provides soothing music and peaceful images to help create a healing environment.
- Roman Catholic Mass: Mass is celebrated at 4 p.m. in the Bickley Memorial Chapel at the Memorial Center campus on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday and at Covenant Women’s and Children’s Chapel at 4 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday and Sunday. Mass is not offered on Fridays. Patients can view Mass from their room on Channel 2.
- Special Religious Services: Special services are conducted throughout the year as needed (e.g., Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, etc.).
- Sacrament of the Sick: The Sacrament of Anointing of the Sick is available to Roman Catholic patients and the Rite of Anointing to all patients upon request. Call 806-725-0427 to learn more.
- Spiritual Care Volunteer Program: Lay persons from all religious backgrounds undergo training at Covenant Medical Center to learn how to assist patients and their families.
- Clinical Pastoral Education: Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) at Covenant Health provides students an opportunity to work as part of the health care team in offering holistic care. Regular ministry to assigned areas plus participation in the hospital’s on-call rotation allows students to gain valuable experience in crisis ministry.