Stroke Treatment at Covenant Medical Center Comprehensive Stroke Center
Our world-class experts at the Comprehensive Stroke Center treat you like family – because that’s who you are.
More About Strokes
A stroke happens when blood to the brain is blocked or there is bleeding in the brain. These conditions can lead to a lack of oxygen to the brain, killing cells and possibly causing brain damage. A stroke is a medical emergency that requires immediate treatment.
Women are more at risk of having a stroke than men, and the risk also increases with age. Improving your overall health by getting exercise, losing weight and lowering your blood pressure may reduce your risk.
Personalized Treatment for Your Stroke
No two patients are the same. This is why your care team works with you to design a treatment plan based specifically on your needs. It includes everything from diagnosis to post-treatment support and prevention of future strokes. Your care plan may include one or more of the following:
- 24/7 interventional radiology
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Clipping and coiling (for brain aneurysm)
- Mechanical thrombectomy
Why Choose Us for Your Stroke Care?
We’re the first – and only – Comprehensive Stroke Center in West Texas and eastern New Mexico. This prestigious accreditation recognizes our ability to offer the best stroke care available. In addition to outstanding outcomes, here are three more reasons to trust us with your stroke care:
Supporting Our Stroke Patients
We offer key support to help you and your loved ones through your treatment journey as comfortably as possible. Services include:
- Chaplain services
- Community education classes
- Financial counseling
- Interpreter services
- Nurse navigation services
- Nutrition services
- Palliative care
- Pharmacy services
- Social work services
- Support groups
Part of Covenant Health
The people of West Texas and eastern New Mexico have trusted Covenant with their care for more than 100 years. We are leading the way in compassionate care and neuroscience innovation.
- We perform the largest local number of WATCHMAN device implants in the region, which help prevent countless strokes among the people of our community.
- If you need stroke care, we are only stroke center in the region, so you’ll get the most comprehensive, expert treatment and rehabilitation.
- We are part of the Providence family, so as our patient, you benefit from an extensive collaborative network.