The diploma nursing program at Covenant Medical Center's Covenant School of Nursing located in Lubbock, Texas is accredited by the:
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Diploma nursing program is Continuing Accreditation.
View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at http://www.acenursing.us/accreditedprograms/programSearch.htm
The school also holds accreditation by the Texas Board of Nursing.
Accreditation, presently organized by region, profession, and type of institution, is ideally grounded in collegiality and the voluntary search for quality improvement. Specialized accreditation is usually applied to fields in which there is a recognized professional degree and where health, welfare, safety, and professional competence are matters of academic, professional, and public concern.
- Provides recognition that the program or school has been evaluated and periodically re-evaluated by a qualified, independent group of respected and competent peers who have found it to be meeting appropriate post-secondary, baccalaureate and higher educational purposes in a satisfactory manner.
- Offers professional development opportunity and validation for faculty.
- Is a gateway to licensure and eligibility for entitlement programs.
- Heightens faculty and system awareness and responsiveness to areas needing improvement.
- Fosters on-going, self-examination, re-evaluation, and focus on the future.
- Aids in student recruitment.
- Assists employers seeking graduates who are competent practitioners.
- Provides useful information for career and education decision making.
- Facilitates the transfer of credit using the following considerations:
- the educational quality of the institution from which the student transfers;
- the comparability of the nature, content, and level of credit earned from the programs offered by the receiving college or program; and
- the appropriateness and applicability of the credit earned from the programs offered by the receiving college in light of the student’s educational goals.
- Enables student eligibility for funding support from federal and state agencies, and foundations for those programs that do not have regional accreditation.