The School of Nursing offers a program leading to a diploma in nursing and eligibility to apply to write the state licensure examination for registered nurses. Licensure in the state is dependent on successful completion of the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN). The nursing program consists of sixty-four weeks of nursing courses offered in the School of Nursing. These courses are planned and structured to assist the student in the acquisition of theoretical knowledge for the application of principles to nursing practice. Clinical assignments are correlated with theory to facilitate learning.
CSON accepts applications for fall and spring classes. Applications are only processed during the designated application period. Applicants that are accepted for Fall start in July or September. Applicants that are accepted for Spring start in February or April.
To apply for Spring 2023:
- Application Period: July 1, 2022 - September 2, 2022
- Deadline: September 2, 2022 by noon
- Prerequisites completed by: December 30, 2022
To apply for Fall 2022:
- Application Period: January 3, 2022 - March 4, 2022
- Deadline: March 4, 2022 by noon
- Prerequisites completed by: July 31, 2022
Applicants are required to have a 2.50 GPA or higher in the required prerequisite courses in order to apply. The most recent grade earned is used to calculate the pre-requisite GPA regardless of the prior grade earned. We highly recommend applicants calculate their GPA prior to submitting their application. See an example of how to calculate your GPA.
Students are required to have a personal electronic device. The following specifications are required for the device to be compatible with the Learning Management System, ExamSoft, and HESI Resources
- PC: Operating System: 32-bit and 64-bit Versions of Windows 10.(Alternate versions of Windows 10, such as Windows RT and Windows 10 S,are NOT supported at this time). Only genuine, U.S.-English versions of Windows Operating Systems are supported.oCPU: 2.0 ghz Intel i3 processor or higher, Windows: Chrome (latest version) and/or Firefox (latest version)
- Mac:OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), OS X 10.14 (Mojave), macOS Catalina (10.15). Only genuine versions of Mac Operating Systems are supported.oCPU: Intel processoroMac: Safari 11 (or latest version)
- RAM: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 1GB or higher available space
- Microsoft Office 2010 or higher (Office 365 recommended)
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Flash enabled
- ExamSoft does not support Tablet devices other than Surface Pro
- Surface laptops that come with non-detachable keyboards are permitted.
- Non-Pro Surface devices are not supported for ANY institution.