LVN-RN Track Application Process
Step 1: One or more years experience with LVN license
Step 2: HESI Fundamentals Assessment
- LVN’s that are interested in applying to Covenant School of Nursing will be required to take the HESI Fundamental Assessment prior to applying. The minimum score CSON will accept is 850 or higher.
- The HESI Fundamentals Assessment will be available starting on June 1 and ending during the deadline week of the LVN to RN application cycle.
- Get detailed instructions on Step 2.
Step 3: Online Application
- Apply online.
- All applicants must complete an online application. If you have Healthcare Certificates or Military experience, please provide a copy of certificate or DD 214 for Military Experience in your application packet.
- Get detailed instructions on Step 3.
Step 4: Application Checklist
Step 5: Acknowledgement Form
Step 6: Official High School Transcript or GED Verification
- CSON requires an Official sealed high school transcript, verified GED or successful completion of an approved home school program.
- Get detailed instructions on Step 6.
Step 7: All Official unopened college/university transcript
- Official sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to date must be submitted with the Application for Admission. If a student applies before all prerequisites are completed, all final official transcripts that reflect any outstanding course work are due by the date stated in the admission packet. Covenant School of Nursing and Allied Health will give consideration of credit from other institutions accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation for prerequisite courses only. Please make sure that the all official transcripts are recent and are not more than a semester old (please see detailed instructions).
- Get detailed instructions on Step 7.
Step 8: Healthcare Experience Form
- Please fill out and submit the healthcare experience form with your application. If you have more than two healthcare experiences, print out and include additional pages.
Step 9: Immunization Verification Form
- Download the Immunization Verification Form
- IMPORTANT NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: Please be aware that all of our students are required to have completed the bacterial meningitis (if 22 or under) and HEP B series before the start of school. If you have not yet begun to receive this series, or if you will not have it completed before classes begin, you will not be eligible for admission.
- Please submit a copy of your COVID-19 vaccine card or a completed exemption application.
Step 10: A photocopy of your Driver’s License or ID
Step 11: Proof of LVN Licensure
- Applicants must provide a valid LVN license verification, printed off the Texas Board of Nursing website.
Step 12: Application Fee
- Get detailed instructions on Step 12.
- An application fee of $50 must be turned in along with your application. The application fee must be paid by check, credit/debit card, or money order. Cash is not accepted for this fee.
- Items turned in separately will not be accepted, unless indicated below. Failure to submit required items will make your application incomplete.
Step 13: If Applicable
If any of the items listed below apply to you, make sure to provide necessary documents.
Proof of Permanent Residency
Unfortunately Covenant School of Nursing and Allied Health is not equipped to accept foreign students. Therefore all applicants must be U.S. Citizens or have established Permanent Residency. If you were born outside the United States you will be asked to provide proof of citizenship or permanent residency. Example of identification accepted would be permanent residency card, certificate of naturalization, or a United States Passport.
Letter of Standing
If you have begun a program of nursing or allied health in the past and not successfully completed it, you will need to request a letter of standing from that program. This letter simply states that you are eligible to apply to their program again in the future. The letter must be mailed directly to the school.
Letter of Eligibility
CSON requires a letter of eligibility from the Texas Board of Nursing if a petition for Declaratory Order is required related to any criminal charges or convictions including misdemeanors (with the exception of simple moving violations). Contact the Board of Nursing for details about submitting a declaratory order to obtain your Letter of Eligibility. CSON will not require a background check until the applicant has been accepted for admission.
You can deliver your application packet in person. Please note that it is not possible for our office to review your application packet at the time it is submitted. Please make sure to submit your documents in a manila envelope (view an example of a manila envelope). If mailing your application packet please be aware it must be received by the deadline (postmark by the deadline will not qualify your application). To ensure we receive it by mail we recommend you send it certified.
Covenant School of Nursing
Attn: Admissions Office,
1919 Frankford Ave., Lubbock, Texas 79407
LVN-RN Fast Track Online Application link will open June 1, 2022 and close on July 28, 2022 for Spring 2023.
After starting your application you will receive a pin number by email. If you need to complete your application at a later time, you will need this pin number to do so.
Please note the email you provide in the online application will be used to notify you of your admission status.
If you submitted an application during the last application cycle and were not selected, please email Mary Milam. Include your full name and date of birth in your email.