RN Program Application Process
Step 1: Online Application
- The online application can be done at any time during the application period.
- Get detailed instructions on how to apply.
- Items turned in separately will not be accepted, unless indicated below. Failure to submit all required items will make your application incomplete.
Step 2: Application Checklist
Step 3: Acknowledgement Form
Step 4: Official High School Transcript or GED Verification
- Get detailed instructions on Step 4.
- CSON requires an Official sealed high school transcript, verified GED or successful completion of an approved home school program.
Step 5: All Official unopened college/university transcript
- Get detailed instructions on Step 5.
- Official sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities attended to date must be submitted with the Application for Admission. If a student applies before all prerequisites are completed, all final official transcripts that reflect any outstanding course work are due by the date stated in the admission packet. Covenant School of Nursing and Allied Health will give consideration of credit from other institutions accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation for prerequisite courses only. Please make sure that the all official transcripts are recent and are not more than a semester old (please see detailed instructions).
Step 6: HESI A2 Admissions Assessment
Step 7: HESI A2 Critical Thinking Scores
- After you have completed your HESI Admissions Assessment, you will need to print out your scores and place them in the application packet before turning the application packet into the admissions committee. The scores will be added to your HESI account as soon as you have completed you assessment. You will need to go to your scores and print off both RN admissions assessment scores and your critical thinking scores.
Step 8: Immunization Verification Form
- Download form.
- IMPORTANT NOTICE TO APPLICANTS: Please be aware that all of our students are required to have completed the bacterial meningitis (if 22 or under) and HEP B series before the start of school. If you have not yet begun to receive this series, or if you will not have it completed before classes begin, you will not be eligible for admission.
- Please submit a copy of your COVID-19 vaccine card or a completed exemption application.
Step 10: Application Fee
- Get detailed instructions on Step 10.
- An application fee of $50 must be turned in along with your application. The application fee must be paid by check, credit/debit card, or money order. Cash is not accepted for this fee.
Step 11: If Applicable
If any of the items listed below apply to you, make sure to provide necessary documents.
Proof of Permanent Residency
Unfortunately Covenant School of Nursing and Allied Health is not equipped to accept foreign students. Therefore all applicants must be U.S. Citizens or have established Permanent Residency. If you were born outside the United States you will be asked to provide proof of citizenship or permanent residency. Example of identification accepted would be permanent residency card, certificate of naturalization, or a United States Passport.
Letter of Standing
If you have begun a program of nursing or allied health in the past and not successfully completed it, you will need to request a letter of standing from that program. This letter simply states that you are eligible to apply to their program again in the future. The letter must be mailed directly to the school.
Letter of Eligibility
CSON requires a letter of eligibility from the Texas Board of Nursing if a petition for Declaratory Order is required related to any criminal charges or convictions including misdemeanors (with the exception of simple moving violations). Contact the Board of Nursing for details about submitting a declaratory order to obtain your Letter of Eligibility. CSON will not require a background check until the applicant has been accepted for admission.
You can deliver your application packet in person. Please note that it is not possible for our office to review your application packet at the time it is submitted. Please make sure to submit your documents in a manila envelope (click here to view an example). If mailing your application packet please be aware it must be received by the deadline (postmark by the deadline will not qualify your application). To ensure we receive it by mail we recommend you send it certified.
Covenant School of Nursing
Attn: Admissions Office
1919 Frankford Ave.
Lubbock, Texas 79407
Tips for turning in your application packet:
- Go through your packet one last time to ensure everything on the checklist is included.
- Please make sure all forms are filled out completely and there are no spaces left blank.
- Please make sure you have the correct HESI print out that shows the scores for ALL categories.
- The immunization form needs to be filled out completely. Example is shown. If you do not have your immunizations complete, you will need to have the titer done. (Right side of form.)
- ANY and ALL college transcripts including dual credit need to be included in your packet. (Unless your school only does electronic transcripts send to email@example.com)
- All items should be placed in a manila envelope.
If you have any questions about the application process email Mary Milam.
CSON accepts applications for fall and spring classes. Each application cycle will yield two starting classes. Applications are only processed during the designated application period.
- Fall classes start in August or October
- Spring classes start February or April
RN Online Application link will open:
- January 3, 2022 and will close on March 4, 2022 for Fall classes
- July 1, 2022 and will close on September 2,2022 for Spring classes
After starting your application you will receive a pin number by email. If you need to complete your application at a later time, you will need this pin number to do so.
Please note the email you provide in the online application will be used to notify you of your admission status.
If you submitted an application during the last application cycle and were not selected please email Mary Milam. Include your full name and date of birth in your email.