CSON accepts applications for fall classes. Applications are only processed during the designated application period.
To apply for January 2023:
- Application Period: June 1, 2022 - July 29, 2022
- Deadline: July 29, 2022 by noon
- Prerequisites completed by: December 2022
For consideration into the LVN—RN Track, the applicant must have a valid LVN license to practice in the state of Texas and meet all regular admission requirements, which include completion of the specific college per-requisite courses.
Licensed vocational nurses may request admission to the LVN-RN Track for completion of their registered nursing education. This accelerated track is 27-weeks in length and includes a 14-week integrated didactic instructional module followed by a 13-week instructional module dedicated to clinical experiences in advanced medical-surgical and specialty populations including pediatrics, mental health, and obstetrics/gynecology.
To graduate from Covenant School of Nursing, students must be able to fully attend and successfully complete all classroom, lab and clinical components of each required nursing course. Students who successfully complete our program are eligible for licensure as a registered nurse (RN) once they pass the National Council Licensure Examination-RN (NCLEX-RN).
- Every Applicant must have 6 months work experience as an LVN.
- If an applicant graduated from LVN school more than 2 years ago, they must have completed at least one year of experience as a LVN within the last 3-years.
- CSON awards credit for the LVN Texas Licensure but not the program previously attended.
Students are required to have a personal electronic device. The following specifications are required for the device to be compatible with the Learning Management System, ExamSoft, and HESI Resources
- PC: Operating System: 32-bit and 64-bit Versions of Windows 10.(Alternate versions of Windows 10, such as Windows RT and Windows 10 S,are NOT supported at this time). Only genuine, U.S.-English versions of Windows Operating Systems are supported.oCPU: 2.0 ghz Intel i3 processor or higher, Windows: Chrome (latest version) and/or Firefox (latest version)
- Mac:OS X 10.13 (High Sierra), OS X 10.14 (Mojave), macOS Catalina (10.15). Only genuine versions of Mac Operating Systems are supported.oCPU: Intel processoroMac: Safari 11 (or latest version)
- RAM: 4GB or higher
- Hard Drive: 1GB or higher available space
- Microsoft Office 2010 or higher (Office 365 recommended)
- Adobe Reader
- Adobe Flash enabled
- ExamSoft does not support Tablet devices other than Surface Pro
- Surface laptops that come with non-detachable keyboards are permitted.
- Non-Pro Surface devices are not supported for ANY institution.