Safe Medicine Disposal Bin
Safe Medicine Disposal Bin is located at Healdsburg Hospital in the lobby of the Emergency Department entrance.
- Pills, Capsules, Blister Packs: Pour into a re-sealable plastic bag. Recycle pill bottles at home.
- Liquids, Ointments, Creams, Lotions: Black out personal information or remove label. Leave in
original container and place in a re-sealable plastic bag.
- In Healdsburg, there are 2 locations for drop-off: Healdsburg hospital and the Police Department www.safemedicinedisposal.org/drop-off-locations
- Controlled Substances, Schedule II-V
- Prescription and over-the-counter pills and capsules
- Liquid medications including ointments, lotions, and creams (in sealed containers please!)
- Veterinary medications
- Vitamins, supplements, homeopathic remedies
- Medical patches
- Inhalers (empty)
- Medical Samples
- NO Needles/sharps/ EPIPENS
- NO Schedule I Controlled substances (examples: LSD, heroin)
- NO Cannabis (medical or recreational)
- NO Illegal drugs
- NO IV bags
- NO Bloody or infectious waste
- NO Personal care products (body lotion, shampoo, etc)
- NO Aerosol cans
- NO Thermometers or medical devices