Petaluma Valley Hospital is a secular member of the Providence health system. Petaluma Valley Hospital ensures patients have local access to vital, high-quality medical services, including a 24/7 emergency room.
By being a member of the Providence network, patients also have access to the full range of specialized medical services close by.
When you need us most, we are here for you. Our comprehensive inpatient, outpatient, and community outreach services provide the expert care you need - close to home.
A handful of community leaders are helping to make decisions that will shape the future of health care in Sonoma County. When you think of hospital volunteers, you probably imagine the hundreds of people at our hospitals who care for sick patients and comfort family members during difficult times.
Our boards of trustees are also volunteers, and these generous and highly qualified professionals have chosen to devote their time and talents to helping Providence-Sonoma County navigate its most important issues and decisions, which in turn affect the entire community. The following people serve on the board of Petaluma Valley Hospital:
- Jim Carr
- Sister Karen Clock, CSJ
- Joanne Ferris
- Sister Patricia Haley, CSJ
- Tyler Hedden (Interim Chief Executive)
- Patrick Lally, M.D.
- Kathie Powell, Vice Chairperson
- Scott Pritchard, Chairperson
- Debbie Meekins
- Rajesh Ranadive, M.D.
- Josephine Thornton
- Jeffrey Tobias, M.D.
- Pamela Tuft
- Darian Harris, Chief Executive
- Chad Krilich, MD, Chief Medical Officer
- Wendi Thomas, Director of Nursing
How do you quantify excellent service? The most meaningful testament comes directly from those we serve- our patients. That is why our values of Dignity, Service, Excellence and Justice are the heart of every interaction we have with our patients and their loved ones.
We are proud to share our commitment to our patients has earned Petaluma Valley Hospital the following distinctions:
- Healthgrades: Five Star Recipient for Treatment of Sepsis in 2021 (Petaluma Valley Hospital)
- California Health and Human Services Agency (CHHS) Maternity Honor Roll (Petaluma Valley Hospital)
- 2020 Cal Hospital Compare Honor Roll for Maternity Care
- American Heart Association 2020 Get With The Guidelines® Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award (Petaluma Valley Hospital). In addition, Petaluma Valley Hospital achieved the Type 2 Diabetes Target Honor Roll.
- Healthgrades: 2021 Stroke Care Excellence Award™; Named Among the Top 10% in the Nation for Treatment of Stroke in 2021; and a Five Star Recipient for Treatment of Stroke for 2 Years in a Row (Petaluma Valley Hospital)
- Healthgrades: Five Star Recipient for Treatment of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease in 2021 (Petaluma Valley Hospital)
This crisis care guideline and applicable practices are subject to change due to evolving regulations, guidance, and recommendations from local, state and federal agencies.