Neurology and Neurosurgery
The neurology and neurosurgery team at Providence St. Joseph Eureka provides advanced care for a wide range of brain and spine conditions. We are fully equipped to diagnose and treat any type of neurological condition at any time — from back pain and stroke to trauma.
Our doctors, nurses and technicians quickly diagnose and treat your condition. Our experts include the neurosurgeons at Providence Medical Group-Humboldt. We ensure that you always get access to the highest quality care.
We treat all types of brain and spine conditions, including:
- Brain tumor
- Herniated disc
- Peripheral nerve injury
- Pinched nerves in the neck and low back
- Spinal tumors
- Traumatic brain injury
- Traumatic spine injury
Our neurology and neurosurgery services include the most modern technology available. We provide complete back and spine care, from rapid diagnosis to treatment. Our services include:
- Advanced imaging
- Neurodiagnostic testing
- Operating suite with neurosurgical microscope, ultrasonic aspirator and intraoperative neuromonitoring and neuroimaging capabilities, plus a dedicated staff
- Post-surgical intensive care unit with neuro-trained staff
We use imaging, computers and 3D models and tools to locate tumors and map out a surgical approach. This lets us target a tumor or area that requires surgery and avoid healthy tissue.
Our neuronavigational systems help us treat brain and spine conditions. Our technology includes:
- 3D models
- Automatic 3D segmentation tools
- StealthStation neurological visualization
- Virtual craniotomy
- Virtual tools
These advanced imaging systems let us:
- Blend 3D models to form a comprehensive picture of your brain or spine
- Clearly see anatomy and structures
- Create tumor models that show the surface of the brain or spine and all vessels
- Merge images from different types of scans
- Plan a surgical approach
Your neurology and neurosurgery team uses these guides during treatment to give you the best possible care.
We offer a range of care, including minimally invasive, nonsurgical, radiosurgical and surgical treatments. Options include:
- Brain tumor microsurgery
- Brain tumor surgery using stealth navigation
- Cervical disc arthroplasty
- Complex spine surgery
- Cranial trauma surgery
- Minimally invasive microdiscectomy
- Minimally invasive lumbar fusion
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Pain management
- Physical therapy
- Radiosurgical treatments
- Scoliosis correction
- Spinal trauma surgery
- Spine tumor microsurgery
The neurology and neurosurgery team includes doctors, nurses and technicians who are experts in neurology, neurosurgery, physical therapy, radiology and spine care.
Find a Doctor
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.