Back pain can seriously interfere with your quality of life. At the spine department at Providence St. Joseph Hospital in Eureka, we work to relieve your pain and restore your ability to move and function. We are the only hospital on the North Coast staffed and equipped to provide advanced care for patients throughout Humboldt County with a broad spectrum of spine conditions.
Our spine specialists carefully evaluate your symptoms. We offer advanced pain management techniques, targeted physical therapy and minimally invasive surgeries. We work to help you return to the activities you enjoy.
At Providence, we treat many conditions that involve your spinal column, head or neck, including:
- Brain tumors
- Cervical disc disease
- Chiari malformations
- Chronic back and neck pain
- Cranial and spinal trauma
- Degenerative back and neck disorders
- Herniated discs
- Lumbar disc disease
- Spinal stenosis
- Spinal tumors
Our neurosurgeons and spine specialists are highly experienced in all types of spine surgeries and procedures, including:
- Anterior lumbar interbody fusion
- Artificial disc replacement
- Cervical disc arthroplasty (reconstruction or replacement of a joint)
- Cervical fusion
- Interlaminar stabilization
- Interspinous fusion
- Lumbar disc replacement
- Microendoscopic posterior discectomy
- MIS lumbar fusion
- MIS microdiscectomy
- Neuronavigation for spine surgery
- Posterior lumbar interbody fusion
- Sclerosis surgery
- Scoliosis correction
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Spinal fusion
- Stealth navigation for brain tumors
- Transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion
We use minimally invasive procedures whenever possible. These involve smaller incisions, less tissue trauma, shorter hospital stays and less scarring than traditional surgeries.
Our expert care team offers many nonsurgical treatments, including:
- Classes and health education programs for groups and individuals
- Disc biacuplasty
- Inpatient, outpatient and in-home rehabilitation
- Epidural steroid injections
- Non-narcotic medications
- Pain-relieving injections
- Physical and rehabilitation medicine
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Radiofrequency neurotomy, facet denervation and rhizotomy (injection procedures to quiet nerve pain)
- Speech therapy
- Strength-rebuilding programs focused on returning to work
Free Online Class: Learn More and Prepare for Surgery
If you’re considering spinal surgery, we offer a free class to help you prepare. You’ll learn what the surgery involves and what to expect afterward. We’re dedicated to providing you with the best outcome and the fastest possible return to your regular life.
Schedule an appointment
Call 844-901-0098 or complete the online form to request an appointment with our spine care team.
Find a Doctor
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.
Tips for Managing Back or Neck Pain
Neck and back pain can keep you from doing what you love. Learn how to manage your pain, and what treatment options are available.