Oncology Nurse Navigator
What an Oncology Nurse Navigator Can Do for You
Our Oncology Nurse Navigators are medical professionals whose clinical expertise help guide patients, families, and care partners through the health care system. Our goal is to assist patients throughout their cancer treatment. We provide patients with information so they can understand their diagnosis and treatment plan at no charge to Providence cancer patients, families and care partners.
Within the locations and cancer types we support, oncology nurse navigators will:
- Be a point of contact for patients, families, and care partners from diagnosis through the end of treatment
- Help clarify details of patient’s diagnosis and medical information
- Help identify and remove challenges to care
- Help patients understand the roles of members of their care team and assist in communicating with them
- Help to review patient’s questions and concerns before doctor appointments
- Connect patients with research clinical trial resources
- Refer patients to Providence Cancer Support Services (social work, resource specialists, support groups, nutrition, integrative medicine, financial support) and community resources (transportation, childcare) as needed
- Assist with transition from cancer treatment to cancer survivorship with information, support, and referrals to resources
As an added layer of support, our Oncology Resource Specialists provide free personalized assistance to patients, families, and care partners. Also referred to as Lay Navigators, they will help you navigate and use the many resources available throughout the community and through Providence to provide support and overcome barriers to care.
For additional information or to be directed to an Oncology Resource Specialist, please call 503-215-6014.
Contact an Oncology Nurse Navigator
Contact your care team to be connected with an Oncology Nurse Navigator.