Oncology Social Worker
What an Oncology Social Worker Can Do for You
Our Oncology Social Workers are trained counselors who help patients, families, and care partners cope with the emotional stresses and practical concerns associated with cancer. Social Work services are provided at NO CHARGE to Providence cancer patients, families, and care partners.
- Counseling to improve coping with cancer and treatment
- Counseling to manage anxiety and depression
- Cancer support groups
- Counseling for family members and care partners impacted by your cancer
- Assistance communicating with your health care team
- Assistance with understanding Social Security Disability
- Assistance with transportation, local housing during treatment, and caregiving
- Connection to financial assistance and community resources
- Advance Care Planning: A process for planning and sharing your health care preferences with family and health care providers. This can include assistance completing an advance directive and identifying someone to speak for you.
As an added layer of support, our Oncology Resource Specialists provide free personalized assistance to patients, families, and care partners. Also referred to as Lay Navigators, they will help you navigate and use the many resources available throughout the community and through Providence to provide support and overcome barriers to care.
For additional information or to be directed to an Oncology Resource Specialist, please call 503-215-6014.
Contact an Oncology Social Worker
Contact your care team to be connected with an Oncology Social Worker.