The Providence Sports Cardiology Program provides specialized cardiovascular care targeted to the unique needs of recreational, competitive, and professional athletes. Our team of experienced cardiologists have extensive experience in treating athletes with known, and sometimes undiagnosed cardiac conditions. Our goal is to keep our patients active and safe. We are the only regional sports cardiology program in Oregon/SW Washington, offering a full breadth of services, ranging from heart screenings in youth athletes to cardiopulmonary exercise testing for evaluation of the symptomatic athlete to cardiac rehabilitation and clearance assessments for return to competition following a cardiac diagnosis.
As part of Providence Heart Institute, we work closely with other heart specialists within cardiac imaging, electrophysiology, and our structural heart program to provide a team approach to cardiovascular care. We collaborate closely with Providence Sports Medicine for patient evaluation and management.
- Play Smart Youth Heart Screening (event-based, ages 12-18)
- Pre-participation assessment and risk management in adult athletes
- Evaluation of exercise-related symptoms
- Cardiac rehabilitation/Heart fitness programs
- Performance analysis and testing (V02max)
- Heart to Start
- Basecamp Prevention + Wellness programs
- Basecamp Training Club