The onset of a stroke is alarming – but recognizing stroke symptoms and getting early treatment is essential for good results. At the Carl Brophy Stroke Program at Providence Medford Medical Center, we provide specialized care to meet the needs of all stroke patients. Our team of specialists, as part of the Providence Oregon Telestroke Network, is here for you 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
The American Heart and Stroke Associations have recognized us for providing outstanding, Gold Plus stroke care. We work hard to make sure we’re following the best, most current treatment guidelines. Your care is our number one priority.
- Acute ischemic stroke
- Hemorrhagic stroke
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA or mini stroke)
- Brain imaging, including computed tomography (CT), CT angiography (CTA), CT perfusion and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Follow-up outpatient care with a stroke neurologist
- In-house rehabilitation facility
- IV thrombolytic medication
- Outpatient rehabilitation services
- Stroke-specific medical and nursing care, including expert consultation with stroke neurologists
Your care team includes:
- Emergency department physicians
- Stroke neurologists
- Interventional radiologists
- Registered nurses
- Physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech language therapists
If you or someone you know is having stroke symptoms, don’t delay – BEFAST and call 911. The most effective stroke treatments must happen quickly to prevent brain damage.
Providence Brain and Spine Institute of Oregon
The Providence Brain and Spine Institute is a comprehensive, integrated center of excellence that treats all conditions of the brain and spine. We are the leading provider of neurological care in Oregon committed to making a positive difference in every life we touch. Our patients are at the center of everything we do. See a complete list of conditions we treat and learn more about the care we offer.