Looking for a rewarding volunteer opportunity? Join the volunteer team at Providence Newberg Medical Center and make a caring difference while helping others.
Volunteers serve in a wide variety of ways at Providence Newberg Medical Center and off-campus clinics. Volunteers support nearly every department, including the gift shop. We’ll work with you to match a volunteer assignment to your talents, interests and schedule.
Student and adult volunteers perform a wide range of physically active tasks, including:
- Escorting patients to visits and helping visitors find their way
- Performing blood pressure checks
- Delivering mail throughout the center
- Stocking supplies in the Emergency Department and Med/Surg
- Helping customers and merchandising in the gift shop
- Volunteers can volunteer for a few of two hours per week and can help in multiple departments
The minimum age to start volunteering is 16 years of age and a minimum commitment of six months or longer or serving a minimum of 100 hours. Vaccination records and TB screen (TB screen provided by the Medical Center) are required for all volunteers. Background checks will be completed for volunteer applicants who are 18 years and older.
How to Apply
If you are interested in volunteering at Providence Newberg Medical Center, please complete an application form and background disclosure (for those 18 and over). After we receive your application, you will be contacted to set up an appointment to discuss our program and see if there is a match for placement. Download a volunteer application.