Family Fitness and Health
"Exercise is a great way to develop long-term health habits that improve physical and mental health. It helps to build team skills, self-confidence, leadership and a way to lead a healthy lifestyle. Staying active can set a great example for your family about the importance of being healthy and taking care of your body in a positive way."
Breanne Brown, DO
Medical Director, Providence Sports Medicine
Multi-Sport Activity Program
Our Providence Sports Medicine team has created a fun, engaging Multi-Sport Activity Program aimed at helping young students stay active during distance learning. The program is designed to give kids an added option for physical activity from their home by practicing sports skills from a variety of sports. Knowing that kids need to achieve their goal of 60 minutes of physical activity each day, our Multi-Sport Activity Program is perfect to help keep kids active while having fun. No special equipment is required!
For questions, send us an email.
Hear From Our Experts
The following videos featuring Providence experts provide tips on nutrition, exercise and avoiding burnout when going back to school during the pandemic.
- KGW Straight Talk with Laural Porter: Survive and Succeed: Strategies to navigate work and school from home
- Nutrition, Exercise and Back to School for Kids: A live discussion featuring Stacey Cochran, PT, DPT, Program Manager at Providence and Niki Strealy, RDN, LD, Registered Dietitian Nutrition at Providence
Resources for Family Fitness and Fun
The 5210+9 concept promotes activity and healthy eating:
- 5 or more fruits and vegetables
- 2 hours or less of recreational screen time
- 1 hour or more of physical activity
- 0 sugar-sweetened drinks
- 9 hours or more of sleep
Use these colorful, kid-friendly resources to help your family establish healthy eating and exercise habits.