Update to COVID-19 Visitation Policy effective Nov. 3, 2020
We know our visitation policy is difficult on families but is important to ensure the safety of our patients and employees.
The California Department of Public Health updated the visitation guidance for hospitals on Oct. 23, 2020, which includes more restrictive measures for facilities located in counties with high COVID-19 positivity rates. Los Angeles County continues to remain at a Tier 1 Widespread (High) Risk Level requiring us to further restrict visitation allowance into our facility.
NO VISITORS will be allowed with the following limited exceptions:
- Visitors are not allowed for patients with or suspected of having COVID-19, with limited exceptions.
- Pediatrics: one parent/guardian at a time (with patient identification band on parent) throughout the hospitalization.
- NICU: two parents/guardian at a time (with patient identification band on parent) throughout the hospitalization.
- Minors seeking care in any location: one parent at a time throughout the hospitalization.
- Labor & delivery: one designated partner supporting a mother in labor may now remain with the mom throughout the hospitalization. Doula allowed to be present through labor.
- Hospice, end-of-life, and comfort care situations: one person at a time.
- Patients with physical, intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and those with cognitive impairment: one support person.