A Heart Screening Can Save Your Life!
According to the American Heart Association, many people experience no symptoms before having a heart attack or stroke. Screening tests can detect problems before symptoms develop, preventing issues down the road.
Getting tested is important if you’re over 35 years old and have at least one of the following risk factors:
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Family history of cardiovascular disease
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Unhealthy diet
Screenings are temporarily canceled
We are committed to the health and well-being of our patients, caregivers and community. in light of the COVID-19 (coronavirus) public health emergency, we are taking extra precautions to keep everyone safe, including the cancellation of these screenings.
At Providence, we offer basic and advanced screening tests for your heart:
Basic healthy heart screening
Our team of clinical experts will help you understand the risks associated with heart disease and what can be done to reduce them. This $75 screening test includes:
- 12-lead electrocardiogram
- Blood pressure and heart rate
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Metabolic syndrome calculation
- Framingham score calculation
- Comprehensive cholesterol screening (includes triglycerides, glucose, HDL, LDL, TC and blood sugar)
Advanced healthy heart screening
This $250 screening test includes the basic healthy heart screening plus:
- Echocardiogram (heart scan) - A noninvasive test often called an “echo,” uses high-frequency sound waves (ultrasound) to create images of the heart’s valves and chambers. This test helps your doctor check the pumping function of your heart - how your heart is beating - and detect problems in the heart muscle or valves.
- Stroke / Carotid artery screening - A noninvasive test to look for plaques that can cause a stroke.
- Abdominal aortic screening - A noninvasive test to look for an aneurysm.
- Peripheral arterial disease screening / ankle-brachial index (ABI) - a test to look for peripheral arterial disease (PAD). This is a measurement of blood flow at the ankle level to check for any blockages that may have developed in the arteries of your legs.
Watch this video to see how a heart screening changed the lives for two families.