As the South Bay’s only Cardiometabolic Health Center, Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance provides quality education, support and self-management skills to individuals with diabetes.
Our center features state-of-the-art diagnostic services and treatment technologies, such as GIST™ glucose tolerance testing. GIST™ identifies individuals at-risk for diabetes sooner, helping avoid the onset of diabetes and other medical conditions associated with insulin resistance.
Our diabetes care team is made up of board-certified endocrinologists, nurses, registered dieticians and nationally-certified diabetes educators. Together, we work with you and your personal physician to develop an individualized diabetic care plan that fits your lifestyle.
Our goal is to help each patient and their family understand the complexities of diabetes and how to effectively manage it. While there is no cure for diabetes, our comprehensive services teach patients about the disease through education and support groups. Our Diabetes Self-Management Education Program offers:
- Individual and group diabetes education sessions
- Medication management
- Blood glucose monitoring instruction
- Insulin administration
- Sweet Success program (affiliate of CDAPP) for diabetes care and management for pre-pregnancy and during pregnancy
- Nutrition guidance, comprehensive meal planning and weight management
- Resources to community outreach programs
- Free informational sessions about various diabetes related topics
- Free professionally facilitated monthly support groups
Participation in the outpatient Diabetes Self-Management Education Program requires a referral from your physician/ healthcare provider. For more information about our Diabetes Self- Management Education Program, please call 310-543-7280.