Providence Outpatient Diagnostic Center - Torrance
The Outpatient Diagnostic Center in Torrance provides high-tech imaging to ensure accurate diagnoses. Because early diagnosis is important in treating breast cancer, all of our medical centers and satellites provide highly effective digital mammography to diagnose breast abnormalities.
Our experts also utilize CT (computed tomography) scanning, traditional X-rays, MRI (Magnetic resonance imaging) and ultrasound to diagnose illnesses and injuries to help determine the best course of treatment. The Outpatient Diagnostic Center - Torrance follows the latest protocols to minimize radiation exposure for some imaging tests while still maintaining a good image quality for an accurate diagnosis.
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment time.
- Bring a copy of your order, insurance information, driver’s license or ID, and authorizations.
- If you are pregnant or may be pregnant, inform the technologist.
- Please note: we are unable to provide child care.
- Lab work is required within 45 days prior to your appointment if you are receiving contrast for a CT and:
- Are 65 years or older
- Are diabetic
- Have abnormal kidney function or have had kidney surgery
CT special instructions
- Abdomen and/or pelvis: Pick up the oral contrast at least one day prior to your exam. No food or drink four hours prior to the exam. If necessary take medications with a sip of water.
- Enterography: Arrive two hours prior to appointment time. No food or drink four hours prior to the exam. If necessary take medications with a sip of water.
MRI special instructions
If you have any one of the following please contact your ordering physician as it may not be safe for you to have an MRI.
- Pacemaker or cardiac defibrillator/valve
- History of cerebral aneurysm surgery
- Infusion pump
- Are pregnant
- Have any metal in or on your body
Ultrasound special instructions
- Abdomen, aorta: No food or drink after midnight.
- Prostate: Fleet enema one hour prior to exam.
- Kidney only: Be well hydrated. Drink as much water as is comfortable throughout the day of your exam.
- Pelvic, bladder, OB, sonohysterogram: Finish drinking 32 oz. of water one hour prior to appointment. Do not empty bladder.
Radiology special instructions
- Upper GI, esophagram, small bowel series: No food or drink after midnight (including water).
- Barium enema: Obtain instructions from Providence Little Company of Mary Outpatient Imaging Torrance at least 24 hours in advance.
Centralized Scheduling has the capability to schedule appointments for the Outpatient Diagnostic Center at the hospital, as well as the Women’s Imaging Center and the Outpatient Imaging at the Advanced Care Center.
- Mon-Thurs: 8 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Fri: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.