Patients and Visitors
If this is your first hospital visit, you probably have many concerns regarding your care - such as what to expect, who to ask questions of, and what is the best way to participate in your recovery. The following information should answer many of your questions and make you feel more comfortable about your hospitalization.
Our team of nurses, doctors, technologists, technicians, therapists, and support staff all share in the Providence tradition of caring. Together, we are dedicated to providing skills and services necessary to give you excellent, respectful care.
You are the key member of your healthcare team, and because of that we encourage you to become involved in your health care. Ask questions. Tell us your concerns, hopes, and needs related to your care, treatment, services or any patient safety issues. With your assistance, we can work toward our mutual goal - giving you excellent care in a supportive environment.
At Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance, we are dedicated to patient- and family-centered care. We understand that visits from family and loved ones are essential to our patients while they are in the hospital. We also recognize that their presence is important to the healing process. For this reason, we have adapted a generous and welcoming visitation philosophy. We do ask that you observe the daily visiting hours listed below, however if you need to make arrangements outside these hours please do so with the patient’s nurse.
- Visiting hours are from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Children under the age of 18 are discouraged from visiting for their safety. Please note that exceptions are made for end-of-life situations and in our Women’s and Children’s units. Please check with the nurses caring for your loved one for additional information.
- We will make every attempt to accommodate visitors requested by our patients.
- Individuals designated as a primary support person (PSP) are those who are providing the patient with significant physical, psychological or emotional support. Primary support persons are encouraged to visit the patient at any time (24 hours a day/7 days a week).
All visitors and PSPs who are in the medical center after 8 p.m. are required to wear an ID issued by Security. Nursing professionals can help visitors and PSP secure appropriate identification.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance offers complimentary parking at our facility. The main parking lot is located on the East side of the building and we have complimentary valet parking at the main entrance.
We appreciate your support in helping us provide a safe and healing environment for everyone.
Non-English Speaking and Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing Individuals
Language interpreters for those who speak English less than very well are provided at no charge. This service is available to patients and their companions during all business hours. Both over-the-phone interpreter services and Video Remote Interpreting (VRI) are available. This technology provides quick access to remote ASL interpreters and to many languages and dialects.
For questions, concerns, or complaints contact the department manager or the support services listed below:
Patient Relations Department
Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center
501 S. Buena Vista Street Burbank, CA 91505
Licensing and Compliance
The Providence Little Company of Mary Auxiliary Gift Shop is a valuable resource for patients, visitors and hospital staff. Our volunteer staff in our non-profit boutique are ready to assist you with a wide range of gift ideas and personal items.
The Shop is conveniently located in the main Lobby across from Admitting.
- Monday, Friday: 9 a.m. -.5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 9 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Sunday: Closed
We proudly offer flower arrangements from Villa Hermosa. Orders are promptly delivered to patients within 20 minutes.
Flowers, plants and balloons are NOT allowed in ICU Rooms 200-228.
VISA and MasterCard are accepted. Free Gift Bag with tissue and ribbon are offered with your purchase.
- Flowers and Plants
- Balloons and Greeting Cards
- Baby Gifts, Clothing and Stuffed Animals
- Magazines and Game Books
- Phone Chargers and Sundries
- Candy, Gum and Snacks
- Boutique Apparel and Accessories
- Jewelry and Handbags
- Rosaries and Religious Figurines
- Seasonal Gift Items
Proceeds benefit Providence Little Company of Mary services and programs. Thank you for your support!