Bariatric Wellness Center
Bariatric Wellness Center
More energy. Better health. Greater well-being.
There’s so much to gain from losing the weight. We can help you achieve it. The Bariatric Wellness Center at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center offers a comprehensive surgical weight loss program tailored specifically to you. Through our holistic approach to care, you’ll receive physical, nutritional, emotional and spiritual support before, during and after your weight loss surgery to help you realize the health gains you deserve.
We recommend watching our on-demand video series to learn:
- What you can expect from weight loss surgery
- How to know whether you are a candidate
- How the Bariatric Wellness Center can help you gain control of your health
According to guidelines established by the National Institutes of Health, you may be a candidate for bariatric surgery if at least one of these applies to you:
- You weigh 100 or more pounds over ideal body weight
- Your body mass index (BMI) is greater than 40, or greater than 35 if you also have a serious weight-related health condition such as diabetes, cardiovascular disease, sleep apnea or hypertension
- You have weight-related problems and restrictions in mobility related to work and performance of family responsibilities
Know Your BMI
This tool is for adults and is not intended to replace evaluation by a healthcare professional.
Our compassionate team of caregivers works diligently to provide high-quality care that earns your respect and trust. We are proud of the recognition we have received for our quality, including these distinctions:
- Named a Bariatric Center of Excellence by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (2017-’20)
- Designated as a Blue Distinction Center+ in bariatric surgery, a Blue Cross/Blue Shield Association designation that recognizes care quality, effectiveness, safety and cost effectiveness
- Accreditation by the American College of Surgeons Bariatric Surgery Center Network
- Designation as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery
The Bariatric Wellness Center offers several surgical options, as well as ongoing education and support for every patient. Our services include:
- Minimally invasive surgery
- Gastric banding
- Vertical sleeve gastrectomy
- Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
- Extensive gastric bypass (biliopancreatic diversion)
- Body contouring
- Specialized psychological care
- Customized exercise programs
- Counseling with registered dietitians
- Patient and family resources
- Preparing for surgery guidelines
Whether you’ve had weight loss surgery or you’re preparing for surgery, you are invited to attend any of our three support groups:
- General Bariatric Support Group – twice monthly
- Mindful Eating, Mindful Living – monthly
- One Year Post-Operative and Beyond – monthly
Registration is not required, and attendance is free. You are always welcome to bring a friend or family member.
All groups meet at Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center in Jaromir Strizka Conference Room 1. Please check with the information desk in case the meeting room has changed.
If you have questions about support groups, call our office at 818-848-8311.