At Providence Saint Joseph Medical Center, back support means more than performing procedures.
It means understanding that each person's experience with back pain is unique. It means applying the most up-to-date diagnostic technologies to pinpoint the cause of your pain, and providing the best evidence-based treatments to relieve it. It means using conservative therapies to help you avoid surgery whenever possible. And when surgery is necessary, it means teaming you up with experts who are at the forefront of advancing surgical techniques.
As a leader in back and neck care, our team has the high level of expertise that comes from treating hundreds of people with spinal conditions every year. We treat conditions ranging from herniated disks and low-back or neck pain to more complex problems, such as spinal tumors, scoliosis and spine fractures. Throughout your care at Providence Saint Joseph, our team will partner with you to ease your way through the healing process—because back support means more here.
From conservative therapies to complex surgical procedures, we provide expertise in treating a wide range of back and neck conditions, including:
- Degenerative disk disease
- Failed back surgeries
- Herniated disks
- Lower-back pain
- Myelopathy (spinal cord problems due to compression in the neck)
- Radiculopathy (pinched nerves)
- Scoliosis (adult and pediatric)
- Spinal deformities
- Spinal fractures
- Spinal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal canal)
- Spondylolisthesis (slipped vertebra)
In addition to a full range of widely used procedures, our patients have access to many innovative procedures and treatments. Our surgical services include:
- Minimally invasive cervical and lumbar techniques
- Motion-sparing surgery, such as artificial disk replacement
- Complex revision spine surgery
- Innovative surgical techniques for spinal tumors
- Computerized 3-D surgery
Many of our patients get excellent pain relief from non-surgical therapies, such as:
- Physical therapy
- Physical and rehabilitation medicine (physiatry)
- Pain-relieving injections
- Non-narcotic medications
- Epidural steroid injections
U.S. News & World Report 2023-24 High-Performing Hospital for Back Surgery
Find a Doctor
At Providence, you'll have access to a vast network of dedicated and compassionate providers who offer personalized care by focusing on treatment, prevention and health education.