St. Joseph Hospital’s Cancer Rehabilitation program provides ongoing physical and emotional support for patients recovering from cancer treatment.
Our physical therapists, cancer navigators and dieticians meet with each patient to understand their specific cancer treatment process and needs. Together, they design a customized rehabilitation plan to help restore each patient’s quality of life.
Dedicated to helping cancer survivors function at the highest level possible, our cancer rehab experts work with each patient to minimize the effects of cancer treatment, including:
- Decreasing pain
- Lessening fatigue
- Improving balance and walking
- Increasing energy and endurance
- Promoting strength
- Managing swelling from lymphedema
- Improving swallowing and eating
- Improving speech problems
- Encouraging a return to previous activities at home and work
- Assisting with memory, concentration and other problems
- Improving mood and quality of life