Providence Oncology & Hematology
When facing a cancer diagnosis, Providence Oncology & Hematology is here to ease your way. We are a team of cancer specialists working to ensure you receive the latest in cancer treatment options. We offer leading-edge technology and the most advanced treatments for fighting all types of cancer and blood disorders – benign or malignant.
From screening and diagnosis to survivorship, we will help guide you throughout your cancer journey, treat you in a holistic way and tailor our services to meet all of your needs.
We are at your side, no matter where you are on your cancer journey. Treatments we offer include:
- Biological therapy
- Targeted agents
- Hormone therapy
- Infusion therapy
- A combination of oral and infusion treatment, based on diagnosis
An important part of your care at Providence is our tumor review board. It brings together providers from many different specialties to discuss your case and make treatment recommendations. Members of the team may include surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation oncologists and pathologists creating a treatment plan for you.
Your caregivers providing treatment may include:
- Medical Oncologists
- Surgical Oncologists
- Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioners
- Palliative Care
- Physician Assistants
- Physical Therapists
- Radiation Oncologists
- Social Workers
- Care Navigators
- Financial Counselor
Providence doctors partner with other leaders to study ways to improve therapies and find new treatments for all cancers. Researchers design and guide clinical trials to measure the effectiveness of safe and promising new medications or treatment approaches.
Clinical trial benefits for patients include:
- A chance to help other by contributing to medical research
- Benefit from a new therapy that’s not yet available to the general public
- Close evaluation by specialty-trained doctors during and after the study
- Free study-related medications and checkups
- Long-term follow-up care- in addition to your own doctors and care providers- after the study is completed
Clinical trials help everyone by:
- Adding to our overall understanding of certain types of cancer
- Finding better ways to prevent and detect cancer
- Improving quality of life during and after treatment for cancer
A clinical study can last for months or several years. If you’re interested, doctors will talk to you about open studies and whether you might meet study requirements. These include medical history, whether you have a certain stage or type of cancer and what treatments you’re currently receiving.
Ask your doctor about whether this type of research may be right for you, and how to learn about upcoming studies.
We offer a variety of services, including consultations, diagnosis and care, infusion (chemotherapy) suites, a lab and access to clinical trials.
Clinic visits are by appointment only. If you need to cancel or change a scheduled appointment, we would appreciate 24 hours notice.
If you received any new patient forms in the mail, please bring them with you, or arrive early to fill them out prior to your appointment.