Environmental Stewardship Leadership
Our leadership and key players work closely to plan and drive toward our goal of becoming carbon negative by 2030. Together, with our more than 120,000 caregivers across seven states, we can transform our practices, purchases and behavior to ensure we are caring for our common home.
Caregiver Green Teams
Our environmental stewardship goals would not be possible without the passionate work from our caregivers across the system who form Green Teams. A Green Team is a group of passionate, volunteer, cross-functional caregivers committed to helping improve our environmental footprint and operate in a more environmentally sustainable way.
Our commitment to environmental stewardship and our carbon negative goal reports directly to leadership at the most senior level of the organization. Each leader holds accountability and ownership in contributing to our bold goal.
Advocacy and Social Responsibility
- Ali Santore, EVP, Chief Advocacy and Sustainability Officer
- Beth Schenk, PhD, RN, FAAN, Executive Director, Environmental Stewardship
- Cassie Tinari, Executive Director, Social Responsibility
- Oriana Turley, Project Analyst, Environmental Stewardship
Real Estate and Strategic Operations
- Craig Arnold, Senior Vice President, Real Estate
- David Thomsen, Director, Infrastructure and Environmental Stewardship
- Geoff Glass, Senior Technology Program Manager, Energy and Environmental Stewardship
- Brian Chesebro, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Environmental Stewardship, Oregon
- Jennie Kim, Director, Contract and Supplier Management
- Ivette de Rubens, Group Vice President, Information Systems Strategy
"As a mechanical engineer, I love to understand how we can improve upon those systems without impacting, or even improving, patient care. Many of our hospitals were built decades ago and it will take significant effort to improve their efficiency but for each location we are establishing energy use targets." - David Thomsen, Director, Infrastructure and Environmental Stewardship
“As the medical director of environmental stewardship, I recognize the crossroads upon which we sit of taking responsibility for our footprint and the downstream impacts of public health. Environmental stewardship and health are intractably linked to our approach in health care and medicine. Our vision is health for a better world, and in the inverse, we need a better world for health.” - Brian Chesebro, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Environmental Stewardship, Oregon
“Our goal is to simplify, modernize and innovate our technological ecosystem. How we drive action across the board is a virtuous cycle that reduces our carbon footprint.” - Ivette de Rubens, Group Vice President, Information Systems Strategy
Please send us an email.