Grief is a process unique to each individual. No one can tell you how long and in what manner you should grieve, but there are elements of bereavement that are more or less common to all who pass through it. Understanding these common elements and how others have dealt with them can be of great help.
Bereavement Support Services
Through our bereavement program at Hospice of Lubbock, we reach out a caring hand to the loved ones of patients who have died. We offer support in a variety of ways.
- Support groups
- Individual counseling
- Regular mailing
- Bereavement newsletters
- Memorial service
- Resource library
- Music therapy
- Family support and bereavement events throughout the year
- Kaleidoscope (Kids' camp)
- Walking Together
- Rocky Road
- Kid’s Christmas party
View our current events
Resources around Lubbock
There are additional grief support resources in the Lubbock area to meet you and your loved ones bereavement needs.
- The Compassionate Friends provides highly personal comfort, hope and support to every family experiencing the death of a son or a daughter, a brother or a sister, or a grandchild, and helps others better assist the grieving family.
- Lake Ridge Chapel & Memorial Designers
- Our Ladies of Lake Ridge provides community and support for women who have lost a spouse.
- GriefShare grief recovery support group meets weekly in Lubbock