Black Physicians Council
Formed in 2020 after the deaths of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor, the Black Physicians Council at Facey strives to reduce health inequity in the Black community through education, conversation, and advocacy for Black patients at Facey Medical Group and Providence, the health system our physician group is aligned with. Its nine members include:
- Chizobam Ani, M.D. - Hospitalist/Epidemiologist
- Daniel Lewis, M.D. - Internal Medicine, Facey Tarzana
- Ana Sofia Lopes, M.D. - Internal Medicine, Facey Immediate Care
- Rafael Montalvo, M.D. - Internal Medicine, Facey Immediate Care
- Samuel Nyamu, M.D. - Family Medicine, Facey Mission Hills
- Maria Ange Soumah,D.O. - Ob/Gyn, Facey Mission Hills
- Tanya Thomas, M.D. - Gastroenterology, Facey Mission Hills
- Ryenn West, M.D. - Family Medicine, Facey Immediate Care
- Rachel White, M.D. - Hospitalist
BPC Patient Appreciation Day - November 5, 2022
Facey Mission Hills Annex
11165 Sepulveda Blvd, Mission Hills
10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
The Facey Black Physicians Council invites patients to join us on Saturday, November 5 for a special patient appreciation day presented with our community health partner, Live Chair Health. In addition to heart health screenings, you can learn how to manage common health conditions at workshops presented by Facey physicians and health educators. Live Chair will also be hosting drawings for free hair cuts from a local Black-owned business and sponsoring a free lunch for event participants.