Outpatient: Mon - Fri, 7:30 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Inpatient: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
At Providence Holy Cross, our Rehabilitation services can help patients get back to work, rejoin their community and achieve the highest quality of life possible. By using elements of physical therapy, speech therapy and occupational therapy, our specialists and therapists work with you and your general physician to develop a personalized and effective physical treatment plan.
Along with comprehensive treatments and medical regimens, our rehabilitation services are often used to treat conditions such as:
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Multiple trauma
- Multiple sclerosis
- Parkinson’s disease
- Orthopedic conditions and disorders
Outpatient Therapy services include:
- Orthopedic and Sports Injury Rehabilitation
- Neurological Rehabilitation
- Vestibular Rehabilitation
- Hand Rehabilitation
- Oncology Rehabilitation
- Continence Restoration
- Pediatric Rehabilitation
- Speech and Language Therapy
Providence Holy Cross Medical Center’s Acute Rehabilitation has been successful in providing the stroke specialty program to the surrounding communities.
Our full spectrum of rehabilitation therapies and treatments include:
- Medical Rehabilitation
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Rehabilitation Nursing
- Clinical Social Work
- Speech & Language Pathology
- Clinical Nutrition
- Therapeutic Recreation
- Case Management
Additional programs and services that make us unique are:
- Pets with Purpose – visiting canine, available throughout medical center.
- Beauty Bus Hair Salon – available to patients in acute rehab and contracted with the Beauty Bus organization. Licensed cosmetologist comes in once a week to provide free service. This is also available in sub-acute and open to hospital patients with appointments and approval from their physicians.
- Rehab services volunteers – in collaboration with our hospital volunteer program, students that apply are individuals wanting to pursue physical, occupational and speech therapy programs and need hands-on experience and observation in the field of rehabilitation.
- Therapy Garden – this is adjacent to the outpatient rehab services and north building. It is specially designed to meet the needs of individuals with specific mobility needs; the garden was designed for both wheelchair and ambulatory patients and offers various terrain that offers opportunity to practice balance/endurance in a less controlled outdoor setting.
- Stroke Support Group – facilitated by a physical and recreational therapist. Guest speakers are invited to speak with stroke survivors/participants at each monthly meeting, followed with discussion and resource sharing.
- Home Evaluation – patients are brought to their home with their physical/occupational therapists to assess accessibility, mobility and offer caregiver training for safe patient transition to community.
- Community re-integration – patients assist with planning and organizing community outings and events, to practice skills in a structured setting. Examples of community re-integration outings include movies, restaurants, park, and shopping.
- Peer Support Outreach – based on specific diagnosis, our acute rehab team connects patients with peers who have experienced/recovered and/or are challenged with similar diagnosis and processes, such as transitioning to home and/or other issues regarding disability. Peer support are individuals who volunteer their time, agree to come in and offer support to patients recovering and/or having a hard time adjusting. Peer support is offered to individuals with spinal cord injuries, stroke, head injury/TBI, limb loss, Guillain-Barré syndrome.
We have been CARF Accredited since 1994 for our willingness to go above and beyond, meeting the organization’s highest standards of care and programming when compared to other rehab facilities.
Data collected from 2020 demonstrated remarkable progress among our patients, including:
- Our stroke patients’ self-care and mobility scores showed improvement within 90 days after discharge from Holy Cross Acute Rehab when compared to the benchmark.
- Holy Cross Acute Rehab program’s discharge rate is higher when compared to the region and national adjusted rate.
- Over 95% of patients and family members were satisfied with the services provided by Holy Cross Acute Rehab.