The Kadlec ALS clinic is a partnership with physicians from Swedish Neuroscience Institute. This clinic is a multi-disciplinary specialized team of providers dedicated to evaluating and caring for amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) patients in and around the Tri-Cities area. The Swedish providers join the Kadlec team via telehealth to determine the best possible care plan for you and your family.
Following your initial referral with a Swedish neurologist in Seattle, follow-up appointments are scheduled via telemedicine locally at the Kadlec Healthplex. Our team provides guidance for your plan of care, including:
- Medication management
- Nutritional guidance
- Physical and occupational therapy
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, also called ALS or Lou Gehrig’s disease, has no known cure, but our providers can help you manage your symptoms and offer the latest technology to preserve function and quality of your life.
Early symptoms of ALS may include weakness, muscle twitching, stiffness, slurred speech and swallowing difficulties. Since the early stages of ALS can resemble other neurologic conditions, it’s important that patients are properly diagnosed.
Our services include:
- Team appointments with:
- Michael A. Elliott, MD, chief neurologist and medical director, Swedish Neurology - Cherry Hill, via telehealth
- Angeli S Mayadev, MD, physiatrist, Swedish Neuroscience Institute ALS program, via telehealth
- Kadlec’s multidisciplinary ALS care team (speech, occupational, physical and respiratory therapists, dietician, nurse and other care providers)
- Your prescriptions provided during treatment at the clinic
- A patient summary of your care plan, including medications, nutrition and therapies
- The ability for you and your family to receive optimal expert care close to home