Occupational therapy (OT) helps people improve their ability to perform tasks in their daily living and working environments. The term "occupational" refers to activities that are meaningful to people where they live and function.
Kadlec's licensed and experienced OT team offers a broad range of services to meet a wide variety of adult and pediatric needs. Our therapies help you regain muscle strength, coordination, joint range of motion and physical endurance.
The overall goal of occupational therapy is to maximize your function and independence so that your quality of life improves. Your individual needs and those of your family members are addressed through treatment, training and education that include the family as integral members of the team.
Our team provides a wide range of services, including:
- Upper extremity management, including range of motion, strength, coordination and sensation
- Activities of daily living such as self-care, home management and community involvement
- Cognitive and/or perceptual retraining as it relates to activities of daily living
- Vision retraining as it related to activities of daily living
- Fabrication of splints, slings and other assistive devices
- Assessment and provision of adaptive equipment
- Home evaluations
- Disabled drivers' readiness screening
- Comprehensive outpatient services
- Feeding and swallowing therapy